The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter Mods 2014/2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LT you've been busy. Nice work!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Anyone going to VIR in March? I am planning on going.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2015-pca-zone-2-de-virginia-international-raceway-197835#.VN_e8EvwvwI

NFSBOSS said:
Made an appointment for CorteX to install their watts link, JRI SA dampers w/offset, adjustable sway bar end links, drop ball joints and bump steer kit. They will do a performance alignment and get everything setup. Drop off date is Feb 3rd.
All done. Definitely rides stiffer but not harsh. No kidney belt required. ;) No doubt there's a lot more damping going on with the car and it moves very little. First track day with the new upgrades is March 14th @ ThunderHill.

@Grant 302
@ArizonaBOSS

IMG_5083_zpsa605835a.jpg
IMG_5084_zpsf315d584.jpg
IMG_5085_zpscf36a5c5.jpg
IMG_5087_zpsf009963c.jpg
IMG_5088_zpsd8eca6ad.jpg

FINALLY after one bad track day last summer, I ordered Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates for the car. I know this will take care of the tread wear on the tires.

Just hate how I will have to adjust them back and forth between the track and any daily driving.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
SUPRMN said:
FINALLY after one bad track day last summer, I ordered Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates for the car. I know this will take care of the tread wear on the tires.

Just hate how I will have to adjust them back and forth between the track and any daily driving.

Really? It takes 5 mins.

NFSBOSS said:
All done. Definitely rides stiffer but not harsh. No kidney belt required. ;) No doubt there's a lot more damping going on with the car and it moves very little. First track day with the new upgrades is March 14th @ ThunderHill.

Looking nice! Did you go with extreme grip street? I was dodging the tri-state winter potholes left and right driving her home the other day. Much firmer than stock but 'survivable' compliance on the street ! Couple loose fillings but kidneys intact too...

Yes mine's the street kit and I believe it's the first car with the JRi SA front dampers installed. I have 450/250 springs F/R. Filip told me the adjusters were set in about in the middle and that adjusting them will be very noticeable. Said they will go much softer from where it's at. I'll play with it next weekend. The roads here in NorCal are pretty smooth but you definitely know when you hit an expansion joint on the fwy! I was surprised how different the car felt just driving it home and I look forward to testing it out on track soon.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
NFSBOSS said:
Yes mine's the street kit and I believe it's the first car with the JRi SA front dampers installed. I have 450/250 springs F/R. Filip told me the adjusters were set in about in the middle and that adjusting them will be very noticeable. Said they will go much softer from where it's at. I'll play with it next weekend. The roads here in NorCal are pretty smooth but you definitely know when you hit an expansion joint on the fwy! I was surprised how different the car felt just driving it home and I look forward to testing it out on track soon.

Let us know what your new personal bests are at your local tracks! :)

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:

Looking forward to your impressions. I know we don't have the exact same stuff, but I would make adjustments only a click or two at a time. I agree about single clicks being very noticeable.

I'm still amazed by the increase in grip. Even just on street tires.

NFSBOSS said:

I had to go with the double adjustables front and rear to allow my wheels to fit. The singles in the rear we're touching the 11s. I've only glanced over the JRi indtructiins but I look forward to messing with the damping. They sure don't make the rears look easy to reach! Anybody have a specific tool they use? I'm thinking a small Allen key

NFSBOSS said:

@Grant 302
@ArizonaBOSS

IMG_5083_zpsa605835a.jpg
IMG_5084_zpsf315d584.jpg
IMG_5085_zpscf36a5c5.jpg
IMG_5087_zpsf009963c.jpg
IMG_5088_zpsd8eca6ad.jpg

You still have stock sway bars? FRPP lower control arms (poly bushings) and relo-brackets ?

TMO Supporting Vendors