The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter Mods 2014/2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
LTNYC said:
I had to go with the double adjustables front and rear to allow my wheels to fit. The singles in the rear we're touching the 11s. I've only glanced over the JRi indtructiins but I look forward to messing with the damping. They sure don't make the rears look easy to reach! Anybody have a specific tool they use? I'm thinking a small Allen key

That's what I'm using. I don't even have to take the wheels off to make the adjustments.
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=9155.0

BigTaco said:
Rick,
looks cool by the way!! That shop does clean work.... ;D
Thanks and yes they do. Their products are top quality. I believe you're in NorCal so stop by their shop and say hello the next time you're at Sonoma Raceway.

I'm still on stock sway bars and use the FRPP LCA's with the poly bushings and relocation brackets. I'm still undecided if I'm going square but if I do I'll probably install a 18-20mm rear bar.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
LTNYC said:
Just jack up and sneak under?

Nope. Just reach through the wheel if you can. Please don't try it with hot brakes! I put the adjuster on the outboard facing side. A little messy since I always end up with brake dust on my forearm/wrist.

Grant 302 said:
Nope. Just reach through the wheel if you can. Please don't try it with hot brakes! I put the adjuster on the outboard facing side. A little messy since I always end up with brake dust on my forearm/wrist.

Argh my 14" rotors and tight spokes won't allow this sneakiness! Thx tho

TMSBOSS said:
Darren

505HP was not enough or did you have an issue with the old motor??

Old photo?? ;D

Broke a valve spring on the dyno last month (long story).
Waiting on my fully built Livernois big bore longblock. Stage 3 heads. Billet I beams. Custom and hand assembled everything. Gonna refurb the stock motor as a backup.

This winter on the 12 Boss LS

Maximum Motorsports K-Member
Poly bushing on frt control arms
Ford Racing steering rack
Ford Racing radiator fan
Kooks shorties and temp cat delete pipes and custom 3" exhaust
Full Cobra Jet intake kit
Brembo frt calipers seal change
Tune
F14 11x19 all around with Michelin Sport cup 2

And all fluids & filter change... + some nice decals :)

In the pipe

Auto Blip
Vented hood

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
patrickshelby said:
This winter on the 12 Boss LS

Maximum Motorsports K-Member
Poly bushing on frt control arms
Ford Racing steering rack
Ford Racing radiator fan
Kooks shorties and temp cat delete pipes and custom 3" exhaust
Full Cobra Jet intake kit
Brembo frt calipers seal change
Tune
F14 11x19 all around with Michelin Sport cup 2

And all fluids & filter change... + some nice decals :)

In the pipe

Auto Blip
Vented hood

Nice! Any pics?

Currently travelling for my job (in the US! :)) but yes when back and when finally having time to finish the mods I will upload plenty of pictures here.

https://goo.gl/photos/vid8rZcQpS31axwe6

Finally did the FR3 kit with 302S bushings, 302S rear lower control arms with relocation brackets, and solid motor mounts. Also picked up some of those discontinued Hoosiers!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Jza1736 said:
https://goo.gl/photos/vid8rZcQpS31axwe6

Finally did the FR3 kit with 302S bushings, 302S rear lower control arms with relocation brackets, and solid motor mounts. Also picked up some of those discontinued Hoosiers!

Well now.... That should make a difference in performance. I enjoyed the pictures.
I like the solid motor mounts.
Did you have to drop the steering rack to remove that bolt?
Also on your panhard bar, I thought that the adjuster end should be on the driver side for easy access.
What will you be mounting those slicks on??

Thanks!

I'm assuming you mean the bolt holding the control arm... No, i turned the steering all the way to the opposite side. Then i loosened the boot and held it with a tie wrap. Still needed a little wiggling, but not that difficult.

Not sure about the panhard bar.

Sve drifts 18x10's those are all rear. Still waiting on the fronts to come in. Those are 18x9 and getting 265's

TMO Supporting Vendors