The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter Mods II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Here's a pic of Gary's Boss after his 2012 Winter Mods. He is currently working on the issue with the DB level restrictions at Laguna Seca and Lime Rock Park....

12125_10151255003893820_891525767_n.jpg

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Hey! Motorcraft is my sponsor!
Pocono6_24_12111.jpg
I am in process of setting up my differential cooler. Have the cooler mounted in the floor pan recess under the passenger seat and will mount the pump in the spare tire well. Using the '13 rear axle cover which is tapped for 1/2" fittings. Going to help keep rear gear temps down, using a toggle switch with aircraft snap cover mounted in the shifter trim plate so it only runs when the lube is warmed up. Using aircraft switch because it's cool, thermostatic switch adds no bling factor. I really am so rice sometimes.
Steve

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
ArizonaGT said:
Now you just need a "Master Arming" circuit
I'm really trying to find a good place for a NASCaR switch panel so I can have a master battery, brake fans, trans cooler and differential cooler switches. Not ready to lose the navigation, climate control and radio yet. Still like to drive the car on the steet too much.
Isn't that the great part, these cars are as quick around the track as 1980's Trans Am cars were and they're still steet legal and fairly comfortable. Amazing.
Steve

0cf97a22ca03c4477ca29055b1e838e8.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Poly UCA bushing for differential side installing Weds AM.
Maximum Motorsports Bumpsteer kit arriving this week.
Softer rear springs for KW/Roush setup arriving this week or next.
302R ABS Control module ordered. (Going to see how it plays without the upgraded MC)

ArizonaGT said:
Softer rear springs for KW/Roush setup arriving this week or next.
302R ABS Control module ordered. (Going to see how it plays without the upgraded MC)

Really interested in feedback on both of these, especially the last one.

Sesshomurai

ArizonaGT said:

I'm greatly interested in the results of this. When do you think you'll be able to test it thoroughly?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
darreng505 said:
I'm greatly interested in the results of this. When do you think you'll be able to test it thoroughly?

First time on track with it will be Jan 19-20 weekend. Looks like another weekend in February as well. I'm going to put it in and drive it on the street for a bit as well once it shows up. I'll let you know what I find out.

My motor mounts made an incredible difference with the shifting of the car on my TR6060. You'll be very pleased I imagine.

Might as well chime in with my winter mods:

AST 4150 coilovers (450/175)
Vorshlag CC plates
GT500 HCU
FR500S ABS module
Whiteline front sway
Steeda bumpsteer & tall ball joint

Also planning to make a splitter and wrap my exhaust.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Apparently there is some "zero-position" calibration that needs to be performed by the dealer w/ the new ABS module, so I will not be installing it this weekend. Requires them to connect to IDS with the car and initialize the new module.

Sesshomurai

ArizonaGT said:
Apparently there is some "zero-position" calibration that needs to be performed by the dealer w/ the new ABS module, so I will not be installing it this weekend. Requires them to connect to IDS with the car and initialize the new module.

You know a dealer that will do this kind of aftermarket work? Mine won't.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
darreng505 said:
You know a dealer that will do this kind of aftermarket work? Mine won't.

There are a couple dealers around that I can call, but the procedure for this particular part isn't any different than replacing the stock module. I'll have to pay for the labor, of course. Shouldn't take more than an hour. Remove the airbox and tube, then 4 screws and a harness to remove/install the module. Then they just have to jack into the car with IDS and run the calibration procedure.

Edit: This is now irrelevant--just slap it in and go.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
No recal on the 05-09, BUT you need to also install the GT500 HCU for it (FR500S Module) to work properly, which means another $550 in parts, and a date with the dealer's power brake actuator/bleeder. Apparently no recal needed on the newer cars either; my reputable source said "just slap it in and go", which is what I did. Everything normal so far. Won't hit the track until late January.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel