The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter Mods II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaGT said:
Cool, keep us posted on any vibe. The CV joints are supposed to be much more robust with respect to dealing with vibration in the driveline, supposedly they work best at slightly off angles.
I had him reset PA to factory specs which he says is -1.3* Should I have advised him differently?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
I had him reset PA to factory specs which he says is -1.3* Should I have advised him differently?

I dunno; that's probably the right place to start however.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Was able to start my diff cooler setup this past weekend. Have the hardware and hoses installed, just have to do switch set up, relay and wiring. Have an auto meter temp sensor in the lower left side port on the cover so I will be hooking a gauge to it at some point to monitor temps.
Here are some of the work pics.

DSC_0007-1_zpsb1088194.jpg
DSC_0006-1_zps522eac4a.jpg
DSC_0005-1_zps6ef25cb6.jpg
DSC_0003-1_zpsc53c73d4.jpg
DSC_0001-1_zpsdb3aceb4.jpg
Steve

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
steveespo said:
Was able to start my diff cooler setup this past weekend. Have the hardware and hoses installed, just have to do switch set up, relay and wiring. Have an auto meter temp sensor in the lower left side port on the cover so I will be hooking a gauge to it at some point to monitor temps.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h416/steveespo/DSC_0007-1_zpsb1088194.jpg[/ig]
[img width=900 height=602]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h416/steveespo/DSC_0006-1_zps522eac4a.jpg[/ig]
[img width=602 height=900]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h416/steveespo/DSC_0005-1_zps6ef25cb6.jpg[/ig]
[img width=900 height=602]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h416/steveespo/DSC_0003-1_zpsc53c73d4.jpg[/im]
[img width=900 height=602]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h416/steveespo/DSC_0001-1_zpsdb3aceb4.jpg[/ig]
Steve
[/quote]

Awesome! Could you put together a "How To" thread with all the PNs and pricing for those that want to replicate the work?

Also you might investigate a 2011+ non-Boss gas tank shield to attach in front of the cooler to (somewhat) help it getting beaten up by rocks.

cloud9 said:

I have had my DSS for 10 track days now and zero issues with vibration. The NVH was slightly different in character but I would not say increased any. I measured the PA and it was just about -1.1 to -1.2 with the lower Steeda Boss Springs. I think the large CV is better for a larger PA range during speed, accel, etc. I really like it.

Moto said:
I have had my DSS for 10 track days now and zero issues with vibration. The NVH was slightly different in character but I would not say increased any. I measured the PA and it was just about -1.1 to -1.2 with the lower Steeda Boss Springs. I think the large CV is better for a larger PA range during speed, accel, etc. I really like it.
Good to hear Ron, thanks for the feedback. Your description of the NVH helps as this is basically what I noticed in the little bit of seat time I got today. Having had DS vibration issues on my GT500 in the past I'm probably ultra-sensitive to having it happen on the Boss. I didn't feel any vibration issues but the NVH changed slightly but hearing you say the same thing eases the mind a bit.

steveespo said:

Steve

Good stuff! I've got all the parts set aside for mine as well but I'll be mounting mine inside the trunk.

ArizonaGT said:
I am assuming that both of you (Ron, Gary) noticed some driveline clunk elimination due to the 1-piece shaft?
Will try to pay attention to that tomorrow. Didn't notice much clunking today but wasn't thinking about it.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Will try to pay attention to that tomorrow. Didn't notice much clunking today but wasn't thinking about it.

It's hard to distinguish the driveshaft clunk from all of the spherical bearing clunks :)

Where's that dyno chart? ;)

JScheier said:
It's hard to distinguish the driveshaft clunk from all of the spherical bearing clunks :)
That's what I was thinking :p Seems like maybe less clunk but John's right....whole lot of other clunking going on so hard to say for sure.

TMO Supporting Vendors