The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter Mods II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
Here's my baseline:
gary5thsae.png

And here's with the LTs and H-pipe.........
5thgearsaeltsandorhpipe.png

Gary - I was reviewing your dyno charts and impressed with the results. I am fairly new at reading these so tell me if I am mis-reading something. It appears like you obtained about a 5% increase in torque, and more importantly are able to achieve that higher level at 3,500 rpms, versus 4,500 previously. Plus the torque does not drop off as much past 5,500. In addition to that the hp went up by more than 20%! It is amazing this mod can get that kind of increase! Once again you just cost me more money with one more mod added to my list.

The way the two graphs are scaled along the X axis makes them look more dramatic than actually different. The HP increase of around 40 hp is about a 10% increase. That said, I'm very happy with the results. I am attaching an overlay he did with a 2013 GHIG Boss that was in his shop a few weeks prior. It's a pretty strong one for a stock Boss but it's scaled the same as my second chart so it's a little easier to analyze the differences.

Something that stood out to me was the torque curve at the lower end. My butt dyno told me I had lost some low end torque. The dyno shows the exact opposite, that in fact I picked up a great deal starting at about 3k. The tuner told me it was because the top end improved so much, it just felt like I lost some at the low end lol.

5thgearsaeltsandorhpipe.png

Adding the overlay chart helps immensely. Still very nice results, and again obtaining that higher torque sooner is huge, given you a bigger range with the higher torque. Reading this also makes me realize that I should be shifting slightly earlier and doing a better job of using the high curve area of the torque.

TMO Supporting Vendors