The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012YellowBoss said:
cloud9 said:
What did you use for attachment points for you lap and sub-belts?

The guys at LPI are expecting a shipment of metric eye bolts.
I ended up anchoring the lap belts off the rear seat bolts. I like the angle from there better. However, this would be an option.

2012YellowBoss said:
cloud9 said:
What did you use for attachment points for you lap and sub-belts?

The guys at LPI are expecting a shipment of metric eye bolts.
Let us know when they arrive. I may buy a set even though I may never use them. :p

drano38

Wayne
Boss_302 said:
So here's the list of things that are on the car and what's happening this week;
Misc
- FR Wheel Studs
- Good Ridge SS Brake Lines
- Multimatic Tow Hooks

Who did you buy the tow hooks from? I've had some ordered for quite a while and no delivery yet. Maybe time to look for a better source.

How do you guys out there feel about the brace I will link to below? I am a firm believer in stiffening the structure of a car. I hate creeaks and rattles. This product seems like a no brainer mod. Input please.

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-three-point-frame-rail-and-torque-box-brace-for-ford-mustang.html

drano38 said:
Who did you buy the tow hooks from? I've had some ordered for quite a while and no delivery yet. Maybe time to look for a better source.

Contact Multimatic

Barry McSherry [email protected]

Email from Barry.

We sell the Tow Hooks as a Kit , this includes the Mounting Brackets & Hardware, and Tow Hooks. The cost for the kit is $224.95, freight costs not included.

Shipping to a non-commercial address is not normally an issue. If you have a UPS, FedEx or similar account we can use, this will simplify the shipping.

We are not set-up to process credit cards, a cheque or money-order is fine.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

cloud9 said:
Wow it must look great! How would we know though without any pics!!?? ;D

What did you use for attachment points for your lap and sub-belts?

Pictures will be coming!

The Cooltech bar will be here on the 20th so attachemnt points will happen next week..........I will have pictures and details of excally what I do.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Boss_302 said:
Contact Multimatic

Barry McSherry [email protected]

Email from Barry.

We sell the Tow Hooks as a Kit , this includes the Mounting Brackets & Hardware, and Tow Hooks. The cost for the kit is $224.95, freight costs not included.

Shipping to a non-commercial address is not normally an issue. If you have a UPS, FedEx or similar account we can use, this will simplify the shipping.

We are not set-up to process credit cards, a cheque or money-order is fine.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

No credit cards? what the f?

ArizonaGT said:
Dean#4AI said:
From what I have gathered, the Steeda springs will cause the car to understeer a little so I'm wondering if it will even things out with the square stetup. I guess there is no way of knowing without tryin it.

You would be the guinea p...err, pioneer! :)

Just bought a set of Steeda springs so I guess I will get the chance to test out my theory. I'm just not sure if I will get to the track before I hit VIR on Memorial Day. I will still be ordering the Strano bar to take along to install if the car is still tail happy. I don't want to tempt fate with a loose car for 3 days. :-\

Which Strano rear bar did you guys get, the 7/8" or the 1"?

drano38

Wayne
Dean,

Strano said he pretty much only keeps the 1" in stock now, but will get you a 7/8 if you want it.
He said they are very close to the same stiffness. 1" has a slightly thinner wall.

Per JSheier's recommendation for a square setup, I installed the back one at the softest setting, and the front at the firmest. With staggered, you'll be different.

drano38 said:
Dean,

Strano said he pretty much only keeps the 1" in stock now, but will get you a 7/8 if you want it.
He said they are very close to the same stiffness. 1" has a slightly thinner wall.

Per JSheier's recommendation for a square setup, I installed the back one at the softest setting, and the front at the firmest. With staggered, you'll be different.

Hmmm, interesting. I'm surprised you would have to adjust each to the extreme to make it handle correctly.
I guess I'll go for the 1" and see what happens.
Thanks for the info.

Dean#4AI said:
ArizonaGT said:
Dean#4AI said:
From what I have gathered, the Steeda springs will cause the car to understeer a little so I'm wondering if it will even things out with the square stetup. I guess there is no way of knowing without tryin it.

You would be the guinea p...err, pioneer! :)

Just bought a set of Steeda springs so I guess I will get the chance to test out my theory. I'm just not sure if I will get to the track before I hit VIR on Memorial Day. I will still be ordering the Strano bar to take along to install if the car is still tail happy. I don't want to tempt fate with a loose car for 3 days. :-\

Which Strano rear bar did you guys get, the 7/8" or the 1"?
Will be very interested to hear your opinion on the springs Dean.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Dean#4AI said:
Hmmm, interesting. I'm surprised you would have to adjust each to the extreme to make it handle correctly.
I guess I'll go for the 1" and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

No you aren't ;)

Strano's bars are, in theory, really close to the same size / stiffness as the OEM boss sway bars. Going to a square setup really only requires a slight increase in front or decrease in rear stiffness. Tightening up the front bar (full stiff) and leaving the rear bar on full soft (pretty much OEM stiffness) works very well with the remaining Boss setup.

You may have some additional tuning with the Steeda springs depending on their front to rear rate differences. If it retains the OEM rate differences, then this same setup would work with a square setup.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
JScheier said:
No you aren't ;)

Strano's bars are, in theory, really close to the same size / stiffness as the OEM boss sway bars. Going to a square setup really only requires a slight increase in front or decrease in rear stiffness. Tightening up the front bar (full stiff) and leaving the rear bar on full soft (pretty much OEM stiffness) works very well with the remaining Boss setup.

You may have some additional tuning with the Steeda springs depending on their front to rear rate differences. If it retains the OEM rate differences, then this same setup would work with a square setup.
I haven't talked to sam about the stiffness of each bar, but the rear bar that he sells (and we run) is 3mm smaller OD than stock. Stiffness is a function of OD to the 4th power, so the 22mm bar he sells is noticeably less stiff than stock (although I am not taking wall thicknesses into account). With the rear bar set on full soft (longest lever arm hole), the car will be very tight with a square setup.

I run the rear bar at the shortest lever arm hole setting (loosest) with the square setup and the car is pretty much perfect. On one track here I switch to the middle hole.

TMO Supporting Vendors