The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
Looking good! I've had the windshield decal on my mod list since before I purchased my car. After seeing it on Gary's and Jeff's cars I have have to order one. I was thinking of going more stealth and ordering the decal in Navy blue. You both purchased your windshield decals from Bob White?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220969095742?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Yes I ordered the windshield banner from Bob White and the quarter glass from the link you have above. The reason I went with Bob originally is because I thought I wanted a different color for the windshield banner. After much back and forth, I just settled on white. He will make it in any color you want though.

Maui
5 DOT 0 said:
Looking good! I've had the windshield decal on my mod list since before I purchased my car. After seeing it on Gary's and Jeff's cars I have have to order one. I was thinking of going more stealth and ordering the decal in Navy blue. You both purchased your windshield decals from Bob White?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220969095742?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Rick,

Yes I got my decals from Bob white decals. I think the spec on the front windshield banner is 1.875". The 1/4 side window decals were 14.5" x 5.5 ". I was originally going to order from the ebay link Gary posted, but Bob said he could make it for me... So I thought why not. He was suggesting a white ford oval with red racing lettering would look nice... I might order a set from him in that color as well...

drano38

Wayne
Since it was 31 degrees this morning, I'll still consider it Winter Mod season. ;D
Got my Curt weight distribution hitch setup today. Got lucky in that the head tilt I started with was just right. Spent about an hour measuring tongue weight at various car fore/aft positions since my '02 Dakota is rated for 750 lb max tongue weight. Got lots of marks now at 2" intervals so I know what the weight is.
Took my time loading the Boss to make sure I didn't do anything stupid.
20120325171951.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Update on PF01s/PF97s:

I'm a believer. These things stop really well, and there is barely any wear on the fronts after 2 events w/ the PF01s, the rear PF97s have minimal noticeable wear after now 4 events.
The track we were on this time is probably the hardest one on brakes out of the ones we run here in AZ, these things worked great.

I might start closing off my brake ducting partially on the other tracks, these things like to get hot to be most effective. Compared to DTC70s, these things do not affect rotors at all if you get them up to temp.

Also I ran consistently 1.5 to two seconds faster this weekend than the last time I was at this track (not sure how much of this is due to the brakes but just wanted to say that :) )
I didn't have my camera in the car for my fastest lap but I've got a couple quick ones on video, will probably get that posted later this week.

ArizonaGT said:
Update on PF01s/PF97s:

I'm a believer. These things stop really well, and there is barely any wear on the fronts after 2 events w/ the PF01s, the rear PF97s have minimal noticeable wear after now 4 events.
The track we were on this time is probably the hardest one on brakes out of the ones we run here in AZ, these things worked great.

I might start closing off my brake ducting partially on the other tracks, these things like to get hot to be most effective. Compared to DTC70s, these things do not affect rotors at all if you get them up to temp.

Also I ran consistently 1.5 to two seconds faster this weekend than the last time I was at this track (not sure how much of this is due to the brakes but just wanted to say that :) )
I didn't have my camera in the car for my fastest lap but I've got a couple quick ones on video, will probably get that posted later this week.

Thanks for the feedback! I guess I'll be heading that direction too when the Hawks are toast.

2012YellowBoss said:
LPI now has the metric eye bolts for the shoulder harnesses !
That's a good option for the stock seats. Let me know how they work out with your 6 point as I might order a set for my passenger seat. I have an extra 6 point harness, but wasn't planning on putting the eyebolts in the floor for sub-belts since there's no pass through on that seat. I would like to have the option of using it with the stock seat for the occasional passenger though.

I wouldn't run a 4 pt if you paid me, unless maybe it was the one with the piece that snaps for sub protection. 3 pt is safer, and with a CG Lock it holds the passenger in place pretty well.

CaliMR said:
I wouldn't run a 4 pt if you paid me, unless maybe it was the one with the piece that snaps for sub protection. 3 pt is safer, and with a CG Lock it holds the passenger in place pretty well.
Better skip Track Attack then.

I am going to have to test fit the HANS but I see now that I may have to put the seatback backward one click. In a street car I drive with that tilted back but on track not only do I go as far forward as I can I have the seatback as far up as possible, stops me from getting lazy on the clutch.

CaliMR said:
Track Attack cars are 4 pt? I will check what type of 4 pt they use. I rather have a 3
When we were there last August, it was the stock seat, 4 point harness and 6 point cage. I can't verify that's still the case as they've since changed brake kits and installed additional cooling mods.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Took the girl out to LimeRock today, her inagural run with the MGW shifter. Light Years beyond stock, NO blown shifts all day. Huge improvement, should be first on anyones mod list.

(I'm laying it on thick cuz Gary is still waititng for his ;D )

TMO Supporting Vendors