The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

winter tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I drove mine through the first winter I had it. Hankook Winter iCept Evos are a good performance winter tire as well. Probably cost a bit less than the Pirellis. I was fine through a pretty miserable Toronto winter. The only time I got semi-stuck was the morning after a huge storm and my street wasn't plowed yet. I guess a foot of snow is asking a bit much of a lowered Mustang, regardless of tires. I did manage to reverse it back up the street though. I think the front was just way too low.

But as far as the Hankooks go, they're fine in the snow and felt like all seasons in the dry. Much less squirmy than Blizzaks.

http://www.imageinmotion.com/pics/hankook/hankookw310.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors