The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wiring Diagram

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Just ordered the wiring diagram for the 2013 Mustang from Helm. It's over two inches thick on 8x14 paper! Wow are there a lot of relays in these cars! Spent about an hour looking through it so far to try to figure out the sound system wiring. I can't stand the stock sound system and i want to upgrade without permanently modifying anything. This is gonna take a while to plan out!

John

Im interested in upgrading my sound system also...keep us posted...The wiring diagram/book you received could possibly include options that were not for the Boss, NAVI, heated eats etc....

I bought mine from the ford garage (published by helm) , they said they gave me dealer price on it ?, $38.50 , I don't know if thats good or not , but my book is only 1" thick x 10-7/8"wide x 8-3/8"high , mine only covers 2013 mustang wiring , maybe they have different versions ? , awesome wiring diagrams! , I also bought the ford disc for other thing I need to look up , it's been a great resource also , Craig.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
I had read in another forum that there is a hot lead in the harness in the console that is useful for remote power on for external amps. The cooltech STD kit was great for routing the power wire from the battery, across the firewall, and then through the grommet.

The stock head unit it the worst. While I wanted to keep the 'stock look' by replacing the 4 6x8 speakers and installing a good amp, the bass roll off from the stock unit, and locked tone EQ is total crap. There are nice head units out there and now better choices for replacement dash piece to house a new full double DIN head unit. You can use a Maestro unit to retain Sync functionality, and saw a screen shot where you can see the PSI from all 4 tires on the display.

I will see if I can dig up a link to this install.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Sounds like the same book but I paid 85 bucks online. $38.50 sounds like a total bargain to me if it is indeed the same book.

wiring.jpg

OH, and yes, there is all sorts of stuff for the 3.7L, 5.8L, and automatic trans cars, convertible... Essentially, it is a complete set of diagrams but is really well done including clairvoyant views of the cable routing on the engines and in the chassis. Really nice!!!

I hope to be making the upgrades in the next few months so will keep you guys posted. An initial review of what is there indicates that the stock speakers are the lowest of the low quality that Ford offers. I am a little irritate that they didn't at lease put the GT type dorr panels in with the subs mounted in the doors but... This means that I will have to put a sub in the trunk which sucks because there ain't much room there as it is. Also, there is no room in the mirror area for a good HF driver as the mirror switch is in the way. I saw an article where the owner had moved that switch to the door handle area but my goal is to modify no panels during this change. Hmmm... We'll see.

My plan is to take some measurements before and after to see if I can stretch both low and high end frequency response. The problems also with the rear deck is that there is only openings for the 5X7 drivers back there. Again, I am not cutting any panels to do this...

ace72ace said:
the bass roll off from the stock unit, and locked tone EQ is total crap.

Were you able to measure the low frequency roll off or was this by ear? This is my biggest concern is that they have rolled off the low frequency in the head unit to match the speakers lack of LF.

I am going to be measuring that also.

John

TMO Supporting Vendors