The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wishing all well through Frankenstorm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Thanks. Loaded up on TP and white castle burgers, and got a power generator for the xbox. Good to go.

Good luck everyone. Stocking up on sliders was a great idea!

We're having some perfect Fall weather out here on the left coast so come on out and get out of harm's way.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
5 DOT 0 said:
We're having some perfect Fall weather out here on the left coast so come on out and get out of harm's way.

Wiseguy - I'm going to send you a box of snow is about 4 weeks... ;D

I especially hate these storms, I work for a utility company and I'll be out in this mess 12-16hrs a day until the power back on.

racered302 said:
I especially hate these storms, I work for a utility company and I'll be out in this mess 12-16hrs a day until the power back on.
It's blood money but the OT comes in handy for the extras in life.

The 2 major utility companies in the state have predicted at least 70% of their customers will lose power during this storm with some not getting it back for up to 10 days...I wish I didn't have to worry about my sump pump in the cellar...........I can deal with candles & peanut butter sandwiches.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Good luck and what a mess!

The spouse has family on Long Island and Staten Island-the phone calls are flying east to west and vice versa!

Sesshomurai

Power's been out since last night around 7:30pm....gas fireplace works though. luckily.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Received a report and pics from family on Long Island. A couple of big trees were blown down in front of their house. They are driving around to charge up their cell phones since power has been out since yesterday.

Their house is dry but they have 2 friends with water in the basement and one basement includes fish.

Utility company shut off power Mon 7:15pm because sub station that powers this area was prone to flooding due to tidal surge.Just got power back on today (Wed) after 7 pm. Don't want to see another candle or peanut butter sandwich for a LONG time!

Lost 4 cars due to the storm including an 88' 911Turbo in pristine condition and my 2012 Boss 302. As of today still without heat, hot water, and electricity. First floor of my house is now gutted and no flood insurance. Btw, Nor'easter headed our way tomorrow and it's f...ing cold.

orng302 said:
Lost 4 cars due to the storm including an 88' 911Turbo in pristine condition and my 2012 Boss 302. As of today still without heat, hot water, and electricity. First floor of my house is now gutted and no flood insurance. Btw, Nor'easter headed our way tomorrow and it's f...ing cold.
Wow that's terrible. I hope you and your family are safe.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
orng302 said:

I feel your pain.. I am here too, thank god my brother in Massapequa has pwr.. I got my car out of there, I am so sorry for your loss. Lived here my whole life and have never seen anything like this. WAR ZONE, people are desperate, Gas is now an absolute necessity to survive, 100's on line with gas cans, freezing temp, now we know what Katrina folks felt like but worse b/c of the temp IMO. Looting WTF.. I am so emotional right now I can barely type. Anyone reading this.. if you are warm and have the means.. please donate to the red cross, you may not think it makes a difference but it does. http://www.redcross.org/templates/render/render.jsp?pageId=11400031&scode=RSG00000E017&subcode=paiddonationsbrand&gclid=CL3S1bn5u7MCFQWe4AodjQkA1Q

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
VW,

My spouse is working on it.

She is hitting up everyone she knows for just a small $10-$20 donation.

Most folks are doubling or tripling their contribution without having to be asked.

She was born in Brooklyn. She feels for her peeps back home.

Her nephew just had power restored to his house on Long Island 3 days ago, and now, several of his friends are filing through his house, taking hot showers, and getting a warm meal.

He has a couple of friends whose houses have just washed away. He was one of the lucky ones-his house stayed dry. However, he did have a huge tree fall on his van and his sister’s car.

We will total up the donations we have collected and send a check to him. 100% percent of what is collected will go to those in need.

He is ready to walk the neighborhoods, find out what the folks need, and give them the cash on the spot so they can get a little comfort that they need during these tough days, weeks and months.

Another cousin on Long Island has had about 50 (fifty!) people rotate through his house for showers and a warm meal.

Through Direct TV, we receive the live feeds of CBS, ABC and FOX NY stations here on the left coast.
What the TV stations are reporting is truly unbelievable and we wish everyone we know and don’t know best wishes.

TMO Supporting Vendors