The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

With PBOC FL at Daytona on the 24 Hour Course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spent last weekend at Daytona running on the 24 Hour Course.

Need to go faster throught the infield next year..............consistent 2:16's with one 2:14.

Best lap during the BMW 200 Continental Tire Challenge Race for the race winner Roush/Johnson was a 1:57 so I've got a long was to go ;)

Here's two laps..........

Did see 157 MPH at the start / finish line on second lap in the video

Hey 2012YellowBoss you realted you might have a 2:11 - 2:12 want to post it up? Did the video turn out?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agUhLwTqlbA&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Anyone going to Homestead in January with NASA? FASTDUO?

Yea, I put it in the Track Time thread. 2:11.8 best time all day in the last session before the clutch stopped working.

Best speed was 159.34, last year I had some speeds recorded at 166 but not by Traqmate. Still I think it was possible since my speed was still climbing at 159 but the shorter tires I had on made it harder to get to top speed. Once I shifted to sixth the acceleration fell flat on it face (around 4300 RPM's). Running a taller tire would have also helped some on the times times since I would top out at 150 (5th gear) off 1-2 long before the brake zone and shifting to 6th was not worth it.

Great weather and great people made it a fun day! There is a little of you Boss at the end of this vid before I pulled off into the pits.

ScreenHunter_07Oct141239-1.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6JypNZshcU[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors