The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

woke up to snow! (in the San Diego area!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
I was born in San Diego and moved back here to the north county San Diego area from Orange County in the mid 80's and have never seen anything like this.

For those of you that have REAL winters, please don't flame me... :) :) :)

BMOsnowpic_zps8356e080.jpg

Wow. I had an aunt that lived at the top of Jones St. in San Francisco. About 15 years ago we were visiting her a couple of days after Christmas and it actually snowed. Nothing stuck to the streets but the planters had a dusting on them. I'm sure that's not the only time it has snowed in San Diego.

That must have been that same small but COLD storm that blew through Lake Tahoe Monday night and Tuesday morning. Thanks Brewmaster. ;D

IMG_4934_zpsaacd877f.jpg

We interrupt this thread for a serious announcement:

Do NOT take the Boss out of the garage in those conditions on summer tires. Trust me on this.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Yes, I picked up my Boss from the dealer in February -13 and was inches from ending up in a ditch just two minutes later [emoji1]
The P zeros really don't like cold...

four-walling said:
I was born in San Diego and moved back here to the north county San Diego area from Orange County in the mid 80's and have never seen anything like this.

For those of you that have REAL winters, please don't flame me... :) :) :)

BMOsnowpic_zps8356e080.jpg
Cool. I just hope it melts by the time I am there in May. I've already had my fill for the winter.

drano38

Wayne
cloud9 said:
I've already had my fill for the winter.

Me too. Never broke 0 degrees F today. 90% chance of snow, 3-5" forecast for Monday.
Its my wife's fault--she wanted to move up here from San Antonio 4 years ago . . .

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Storm front moved in with rain all day Saturday, overnight it warmed up and hit a high of 62 degrees. But rained all day today as well.

It was a good day for winter mods,

Enjoy your Boss,
Dave
302 HP

Fomoco302 said:
I think most of us have had a "P Zero" moment in the cold and/or wet. :eek:

Sorry for the long post.

My P Zero moment almost resulted in a big friggin' PEE moment along with a near miss of having a banged up Boss...
Headed to NC for 50th anniv. with my eldest son, a last minute mechanical issue forced us to drive the Boss instead of trailering it.
("meh, it's only raining!") Used the silver key which in the end, likely made all the difference in the outcome. It was 54 deg and raining when we left MA but by the time I crossed into NY on I-95 it was 31 deg and the roads were covered with several inches of snow. We were in the far right lane and a good distance behind another car (Smith system!). We watched as it spun and ate the guard rail then started to roll back across the road, A tractor trailer was pulling by on my left in what felt like sloooooow motion. With with no where to go as we were closing in on the wreck, I was trying to coast/slow down from 40 mph. Simply touching the brakes or downshifting only resulted in sliding. Meanwhile my son is repeatedly and very strongly "suggesting" that I move over... "ARRRRGH!! Move over!...oh sh**...the car...Dad...the car..ARRRRGH!! Thankfully, the tractor trailer moved left just enough to give me about 2 feet of space to clear the back end of the wrecked car. Needless to say we had enough adrenalin to keep us both going for the rest of the trip...No caffeine needed! Now we laugh about it...in a nervous sort of way. Good times!
I absolutely refuse to go out in anything less than a dry 40 deg. and even then its a little tricky.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
four-walling said:
The snow pic and post was from December 31st. G

Got some rain today-maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch.

Doh! :eek: :-[ That makes more sense! I was wondering how a system coming over Mexico was blowing snow down there...

TMO Supporting Vendors