The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wonder if there is any way to get a back seat in a LS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I really like the Laguna Seca but I have to have a back seat as that is the only madate from the wife as it relates to what car I buy this spring. I wonder if there is any way to get one with a back seat or to retrofit a back seat out of a regular Boss or GT or whatever.

Anyone ever asked this question?

GA
bullseye said:
I really like the Laguna Seca but I have to have a back seat as that is the only madate from the wife as it relates to what car I buy this spring. I wonder if there is any way to get one with a back seat or to retrofit a back seat out of a regular Boss or GT or whatever.

The lack of back seat has been a concern to some people I know when they were considering an LS. There might be a street Boss owner out there willing to swap the parts.

bullseye said:

I will glady trade you my back seat assembly for you rear seat delete and cross brace!!!

First post here, but I am curious as well. Don't give away that brace, it's probably worth a pretty penny. Heck, strap in a couple of kids' seats for your children and leave the brace. (Not sure of the legality of that). I do really like the silver, and would actually consider the LS if I knew that I could retrofit seats. Can anyone check to see if the floor panels are drilled for seats?

BLAZN BOSS

Before you swap someone for their cross brace here's a sticker on the brace.KGrHqZlIE5cpHfnzIBOfhjYhqtw_12.jpg

Boss-man said:
First post here, but I am curious as well. Don't give away that brace, it's probably worth a pretty penny. Heck, strap in a couple of kids' seats for your children and leave the brace. (Not sure of the legality of that). I do really like the silver, and would actually consider the LS if I knew that I could retrofit seats. Can anyone check to see if the floor panels are drilled for seats?
All the Boss cars start life as a base 5.0 so you should have no issues installing the hardware. Not sure how well your insurance company will like you installing safety equipment though. IMO there's not enough difference between the two cars to worry about it. Just get a Boss and use the money you saved for other modifications.

BLAZN BOSS

It amazes me that a multi million billion company would take the time to print and apply a warning label just so it could be ignored............WTF? The heck with engineering. 5 DOT 0 what makes you think you know better than the warning label or the company that applies it? Are you willing to pay any liabilities incurred after installation?

BLAZN BOSS said:
It amazes me that a multi million billion company would take the time to print and apply a warning label just so it could be ignored............WTF? The heck with engineering. 5 DOT 0 what makes you think you know better than the warning label or the company that applies it? Are you willing to pay any liabilities incurred after installation?

Whoa there relax man. I think if you re-read his post you will clearly see that he simply offered his opinion about whether it could be installed. Then he went on to offer a light warning about safety equipment and also said he should just consider a base model Boss.

Your getting a bit ahead of yourself I think and are getting a bit uptight about a very casual thread.

talk about uptight.

BLAZN BOSS

another genius.....................like comparing apples and oranges don't ya think? Or do you think at all?

BLAZN BOSS said:
another genius.....................like comparing apples and oranges don't ya think? Or do you think at all?

Well that was just a joke, a very light hearted one at that which is how I am trying to keep this discussion but its clear that your just in the mood to start shiznit. So this genius will retire for the evening and let you continue to try to insult people on the board.

BLAZN BOSS said:

Really? this is exactly what is wrong with this country lately. 1st ford should have to put a warning label on something. 2nd if you want to mod something do it, at your own risk! 3rd the lawyers are going to make sure you pay for an liabilities to 3RD PARTIES.....

I am going to print a sticker that says you shouldn't go outside because you might die & put it on your door, hows that for engineering genius?

BLAZN BOSS said:
5 DOT 0 what makes you think you know better than the warning label or the company that applies it? Are you willing to pay any liabilities incurred after installation?
Did I suggest he install the LS brace in the LS he's considering buying? No because that would be stupid since it already has a brace. I stated the back seat and belts should fit but warned him that it might not be a good idea. So your reference to what I posted isn't even related to what I stated so go back and reread what I wrote. But yeah I wouldn't think twice about installing the LS brace in my Boss if that's what I wanted to do regardless of the warning sticker on the brace. And I rarely drive the speed limit either. ;)

Lets watch the name calling guys...

5 DOT 0 said:
Lets watch the name calling guys...

That would be watch the name calling "guy" as only one person was name calling, and he called me a genius.... He must know me and my ginormous brain.

All the Boss cars start life as a base 5.0 so you should have no issues installing the hardware. Not sure how well your insurance company will like you installing safety equipment though. IMO there's not enough difference between the two cars to worry about it. Just get a Boss and use the money you saved for other modifications.
[/quote]
+1

I have actually located a dealer that will sell me a LS at MSRP. It is black/red. Beautiful. Any other thoughts on the seat issue? How about seat belts? Are the regular rear seat belts for the Boss across the shoulder and inertia driven?

Some more research on the seat belt laws suggests that the law could be put on override if no back seat is supplied, i.e. the child under 8yo could ride up front in a booster with the airbag turned off (in Georgia). If you were to add belts in the rear, you would have to make sure that the belt goes down properly over the shoulder (not the neck) as well as across the lap/waist (not the mid-thighs or knees). This would likely require a bolt in block or seat retrofit along with the belts.

TMO Supporting Vendors