The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

World Challenge Round 1 & 2 St Petersburg, FL 3/24-4/25

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well the World Challenge season has finally arrived and will be kicked off at the St Petersburg Grand Prix on 3/24-3/25. Come on down or follow along online at http://www.world-challenge.com/event/index.php?ID=9138

Remember you can watch this race live on streaming video!

3/24 at 6:00 and 3/25 at 11:00

See you there!

I noticed Paul Brown wasn't on the qualifying list so I dug around and found this article. I'm sure he's disappointed that he couldn't make the first race to defend his championship.

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/story.php?story=2414

Tiger Racing 2 for 2!!!!!! You cannot start a season better than that..... Congrats to the team and Justin Bell. I am sure Paul is dieing to get back in that car... We should see him in the driver's seat next race...

adam81 said:
smittytx said:
There seems to be a lot of carnage in these races, I might have to rethink my WC aspirations. Or my budget.

You may want to look into American Iron first...

That's definitely my first stop. Right now WC is a fun dream. So far I have fairly quick lap times at my local track, big deal. I’ll see what happens after the AI guys get a hold of me. :eek:

Going to comp school April 26th. ;D

Good luck and have a blast! My plan is to go to comp school next year. I am deciding on what series to run now. Whatever series I decide to run will dictate what car I get...

mwilson7 said:
dont forget that the street races have a much high accident rate vs. the road courses.

That and it is much easier to go to a sanctioned race event than it is to close off a 2 mile course using public streets.....

GA
smittytx said:
adam81 said:
smittytx said:
There seems to be a lot of carnage in these races, I might have to rethink my WC aspirations. Or my budget.

You may want to look into American Iron first...

That's definitely my first stop. Right now WC is a fun dream. So far I have fairly quick lap times at my local track, big deal. I’ll see what happens after the AI guys get a hold of me. :eek:

Going to comp school April 26th. ;D

Mike Skeen was a NASA-SE racer. He qualified for the pole in this race.

TMO Supporting Vendors