The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

World Challenge Round 11 at Laguna Seca Sept 16-18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The 11st round of the World Challenge 2011 season is taking place this weekend at Laguna Seca. Paul Brown needs 109 points to clinch the GTS Championship in his Boss 302S.

Follow along at http://www.world-challenge.com/event/index.php?ID=127 . The race will be held 9/18 at 2:20 PM PST.

I'm hoping Paul gets a win and captures the championship on my birthday tomorrow. ;)

5 DOT 0 said:
I'm hoping Paul gets a win and captures the championship on my birthday tomorrow. ;)
Happy birthday a day early, Rick. Heading over the pond to the UK tomorrow and may not have connectivity for a couple days (unfamiliar with the rinky-dink lodging).

SPOILER!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE OUTCOME OF THIS RACE

I know a few people here hate spoilers but I think this one is worth taking a chance on.

Not only did Paul Brown win the race leading from start to finish in his Boss 302S but he also clinched the World Challenge GTS Championship! With this win he also has the most wins by a Ford since 1970 when Parnelli Jones also won 5 races in a Boss 302 Mustang! At the last race Paul also secured the Manufacturers Championship from Ford as well which hasn't been won in SCCA Pro production based racing since 1970 as well!

Pretty neat to see history repeat itself.

And he did it with the same motor you guys have in your street cars...but with a restrictor!!!!!

Re: SPOILER!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE OUTCOME OF THIS RACE

mwilson7 said:
I know a few people here hate spoilers but I think this one is worth taking a chance on.

Not only did Paul Brown win the race leading from start to finish in his Boss 302S but he also clinched the World Challenge GTS Championship! With this win he also has the most wins by a Ford since 1970 when Parnelli Jones also won 5 races in a Boss 302 Mustang! At the last race Paul also secured the Manufacturers Championship from Ford as well which hasn't been won in SCCA Pro production based racing since 1970 as well!

And he did it with the same motor you guys have in your street cars...but with a restrictor!!!!!
The legend continues... 8)

Re: SPOILER!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE OUTCOME OF THIS RACE

mwilson7 said:

Nice, you guys gave us a great car and we are grateful!

Yeah, congratulations all around to Paul and his team, Mark and his team, Ford, Ford Racing, and the lucky bunch of us who get to drive one of these things. I'm beaming with pride!

Well done!

Jimmy

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
The BOSS 302R and 302S cars have really matured this season in WC and Grand Am, they are running STRONG.

Too bad about Roush's DNF in Daytona, I think that place is cursed for them.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel