The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

World Challenge Round #3 - Long Beach Grand Prix April 15-17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This weekend is the Long Beach Grand Prix. Boss 302S powered mustangs will be in atttendance and should do well.

Practice starts Friday with the race on Sunday afternoon which can be watched live on the internet.

For more info go to http://www.world-challenge.com/event/index.php?ID=122

Have fun at the "Party at the Beach" this weekend. Long Beach has to be one of the most fun races to attend on the West Coast. Looks like there will be nice weather too. Good luck this weekend!

Race results can be found at the link below:

http://www.world-challenge.com/event/results.php?ID=1355&event=122

;D

This race will show on VERSA on April 30, 2:30PM EST (re-air May 2, 3:30PM EST)

ArizonaGT - I try to attend a few of them! I went to this one and it was great!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
mwilson7 said:
Race results can be found at the link below:

http://www.world-challenge.com/event/results.php?ID=1355&event=122

;D

This race will show on VERSA on April 30, 2:30PM EST (re-air May 2, 3:30PM EST)

ArizonaGT - I try to attend a few of them! I went to this one and it was great!

You weren't kidding--finally got to see you "in person" during your interview with Paul Brown! I am watching the replay right now with about 8 laps to go! Also nice to see Brandon Davis back with the "Cobra" Mustang!
Any insight into Paul's transmission comments after the race?

He just lost the transmission. Kind of a strange failure but it does happen in racing. They get pretty hot in street races so the trans now has a cooler on it. :)

ArizonaGT said:
You weren't kidding--finally got to see you "in person" during your interview with Paul Brown!
Yeah good interview. We need that clip on Ford Racing TV so when we tell people it's the same engine in the race cars, and they don't believe us, we can show them the video. Hint hint. I hope to meet both of you at Laguna Seca in July. Hopefully my Q2 car is built by then so I can drive it to the race.

ArizonaGT said:
Is the cooler the Laguna-Seca underbody scoop, or an actual external radiator with a pump? Or something else?! :)

I believe that Paul added an external cooler but the Ford Racing built Boss 302S comes with the bolt on cooler which definitely works.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Rick: I look forward to it--the date is drawing closer!

Mark: OK, thanks for sharing! That bolt-on cooler sure does look low, however...especially on the 302S. I'm amazed it doesn't get ripped off straddling curbs. Does the 302S use the stock fuel "saddle" tank or a fuel cell?

TMO Supporting Vendors