The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Worth the Wait?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, if luck is on my side a dealer 2 hours away will have a Race Red BOSS next week. They are supposed to call as soon as they get it, and if they are true to their word, MSRP is the most I will pay. Of course I will try to get for less if I can, $500 off is all I am going after (basically to cover my trailer costs and Track key Costs). Hopefully its worth the wait (Since I ordered one from another dealer on April 2nd, but they can't tell me anything, no VIN, no ETA, the best I got from them last week was "Maybe" end of July.)

So I am going with the first dealer in the area that has one and is selling for MSRP.

I know allot of you are still waiting, and or waited just as long or longer than I have been, but now that the lucky ones have their cars, was it worth the wait?

So far the only mods I am considering is a MGW Shifter, Rear Window Louver (70's Style). It will be a daily driver and if my driving habits don't change much, I should be around 5K a year as far as mileage max. Considering I have an 06 mustang (Flame wrapped) that I use for my Daily Driver now and will be keeping as my main car... The BOSS will be my "Toy", or "Mid-Life Crisis" I guess since I am 35. LOL

Is there anything special to do to the car after I take delivery? I know about having the dealer disable the Transport mode, and I plan on removing the Baffles as soon as I can and then getting the TrackKey installed... is there anything else I need to watch, look for and or do?

Thanks in advance...

The cars will all be the same so get it now and enjoy it. I get the midlife crisis bit a lot and I just laugh. I've got almost two decades on you but I've owned several performance cars over the years so this is just another one. Well not just another one it's the best one. ;)

I dont know what area you are in but up the street from me, in Louisville ky, sits a brand new red number 917. They said to me, and I was in my new sby number 159, so they knew I was not probing for my self, that they expected to sell it for msrp or somewhat lower. It has been sitting there for 5 days now. The dealer is Town and Country Ford.

I got some pics but every time I try putting them up I loose my whole post.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
rpm3dinc said:
Well, if luck is on my side a dealer 2 hours away will have a Race Red BOSS next week. They are supposed to call as soon as they get it, and if they are true to their word, MSRP is the most I will pay. Of course I will try to get for less if I can, $500 off is all I am going after (basically to cover my trailer costs and Track key Costs). Hopefully its worth the wait (Since I ordered one from another dealer on April 2nd, but they can't tell me anything, no VIN, no ETA, the best I got from them last week was "Maybe" end of July.)

So I am going with the first dealer in the area that has one and is selling for MSRP.

I know allot of you are still waiting, and or waited just as long or longer than I have been, but now that the lucky ones have their cars, was it worth the wait?

So far the only mods I am considering is a MGW Shifter, Rear Window Louver (70's Style). It will be a daily driver and if my driving habits don't change much, I should be around 5K a year as far as mileage max. Considering I have an 06 mustang (Flame wrapped) that I use for my Daily Driver now and will be keeping as my main car... The BOSS will be my "Toy", or "Mid-Life Crisis" I guess since I am 35. LOL

Is there anything special to do to the car after I take delivery? I know about having the dealer disable the Transport mode, and I plan on removing the Baffles as soon as I can and then getting the TrackKey installed... is there anything else I need to watch, look for and or do?

Thanks in advance...
To go with that MGW give some REDLINE MTL fluid a thought really made a difference in my car.

Good luck on your future purchase. Great color choice by the way ;D
I haven't changed my shifter yet. Besides the baffles ( I have 3/4" holes) I also installed the GT-500 mufflers. Wasn't happy with the stock double tip mufflers and wanted a bit more growl to the exhaust.
Disconnected skip shift & removed the engine bay sound tube. There are alot of threads on both of those.

TMO Supporting Vendors