The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Would you trade a ZR1 for a 302s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Ran into a guy locally who had one of the Foose Stallions and supposedly a ZR1 (he got into it used) that he's trying to trade for a 302s for track duty. Would you do it?

I think I would for a track toy, provided I had the skill to truly enjoy it.

Grant 302 said:
Sure, why not?
Second...especially if it's a 2013+. Ford made lots of nice upgrades to the 2013's but they did raise the price.

I think the question is, will the 302s guys trade for the GT350 or GT350R. I bet we'll see a number of 302s' hit the market then.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
That's what I said. I don't know if it's a 2012 or 2013. If he gets it, he'll be at MRLS in June for the unlimited sound day.

NYLineman

Owner of #2611 CO
Saw this while on Ebay. They mentioned it being close to 600 hp. Is the engine the same as the standard Boss? If so, how do they manage those gains with just a CAI, headers, and exhaust?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Professionally-Built-Never-Raced-Ford-Boss-302RS-Mustang-/231542373137?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35e9003b11&item=231542373137

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NYLineman said:
Saw this while on Ebay. They mentioned it being close to 600 hp. Is the engine the same as the standard Boss? If so, how do they manage those gains with just a CAI, headers, and exhaust?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Professionally-Built-Never-Raced-Ford-Boss-302RS-Mustang-/231542373137?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35e9003b11&item=231542373137

They get it with 'dyno shenanigans', race gas or maybe even E85 and 'for dyno only tuning'. IOW, I wouldn't use a dyno queen or 'show' tune at the track.

I love the look of the car, but it looks like it started life as a street car. If that's the case, then this car isn't worth much more than $50k IMO.

TMO Supporting Vendors