The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wrecked car now for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just an Fyi this is my old car, not sure if accident has hit carfax yet. I would stay away especially for that price.

Long story short the vehicle has frame damage, airbags deployed, etc. Total damage was near $25,000

I did not sell to this dealer, it was traded to Carmax
Not sure if the they are trying to pass it off as a clean car but for that price I would say so

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=t40009&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c22857&zip=06489&distance=NATIONWIDE&searchChanged=true&trimNames=Boss+302&trimNames=Boss+302&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=120500838_isFeatured

Re: Wreck car now for sale

I sold the car to carmax.

Some of the work is good, other parts are less than great, overspray on fender, and under the hood is where the real issues are in terms of paint, welding etc

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Re: Wreck car now for sale

203 Boss said:
I sold the car to carmax.

Some of the work is good, other parts are less than great, overspray on fender, and under the hood is where the real issues are in terms of paint, welding etc

I am shocked that Carmax did not ask you, and have you sign in writing, the car had no frame damage.

203 Boss said:
Just an Fyi this is my old car, not sure if accident has hit carfax yet. I would stay away especially for that price.

Long story short the vehicle has frame damage, airbags deployed, etc. Total damage was near $25,000

I did not sell to this dealer, it was traded to Carmax
Not sure if the they are trying to pass it off as a clean car but for that price I would say so

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=t40009&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c22857&zip=06489&distance=NATIONWIDE&searchChanged=true&trimNames=Boss+302&trimNames=Boss+302&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=120500838_isFeatured

Just out of curiosity, did you buy the car back from the insurance company, or was this an incident that wasn't covered?

The car was unfortunately not totaled even with that amount of damage and I did not want to keep the car. I wish it was totaled, it would have been alot easier on me if it was :-\

203 Boss said:
The car was unfortunately not totaled even with that amount of damage and I did not want to keep the car. I wish it was totaled, it would have been alot easier on me if it was :-\

Wow, $25K in damage and they didn't total it?

I think I would do the same thing you did.

TMO Supporting Vendors