The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wrecked GT350 with only 247 miles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Panel alignment in the rear looks off.

With the resale value of the drive train and the likely damage to scarce carbon fiber areas, core support etc., the numbers likely we not in favor of a rebuild.

Curious what the state of record on title allows with a salvage title. We could see this car again.

TMSBOSS said:

With the resale value of the drive train and the likely damage to scarce carbon fiber areas, core support etc., the numbers likely we not in favor of a rebuild.

Curious what the state of record on title allows with a salvage title. We could see this car again.

I am sure the OEM parts will be expensive, but there should be plenty of upgrade parts available from BMR, etc...

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Truly a sad sight to see any Shelby or Boss for that matter hit the bone yards. I wonder if the initial insurance estimate to repair is available? That would be an interesting read.

Anyone know the general insurance guidelines that is used to declare a damaged vehicle as a total loss unit?

302 Hi Pr

PS: I have to admit I was somewhat relieved to see that it was not the R model.

TMSBOSS said:

Nope not buying it. Don't see it, this must have been a low speed impact, just a little roll to one corner if the hood and fenders look untouched. Even with core support and cooler there is no way this would exceed the 65%value threshold that would apply to current year vehicle.

THe hood and fenders looks pretty touched to me. The resale auction is already at 31k, so wouldnt even need to go past 50% for them to prefer just totalling it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel