The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wrecked LS Picture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ouch. Note a piece of the rear wheel is gone. The passenger was hurt but not serious. Let's just say speed and alcohol don't mix. Scott where did the photo come from?

This picture hurts, need to hear the whole story, before commenting. Speeding in a Boss is easy BUT no way in a neighborhood! Alcohol? NEVER IN ANY CAR, let's get the facts first.

KYBOSSLS said:
This picture hurts, need to hear the whole story, before commenting. Speeding in a Boss is easy BUT no way in a neighborhood! Alcohol? NEVER IN ANY CAR, let's get the facts first.

Here's the whole story. Drank 10 beers and then hit a parked car doing 70mph. I don't think he'll be driving any car (let alone a Boss) for a very long time.

http://menomoneefalls.patch.com/articles/man-drinks-beer-shows-off-new-mustang-then-crashes-into-parked-car

Thanks for the link, it was a site member and what is done is done. I did not want to get into a thing about it here, since the local authorities will handle that part of it. Just wanted to post the picture since it is Boss related, looks like a resident of that neighborhood took the picture.

Thanks for sharing the story, sad ending of a low production car. Hopefully passenger and driver will heal, grateful that no one on the street was hurt. But it will be a while before he drives again. Reminder No Drinking and driving!

KYBOSSLS said:
Alcohol? NEVER IN ANY CAR, let's get the facts first.

Rick was aware of the story a while back.

I just looked at the picture and it does appear the right rear wheel is not on the car. If it was the car would not be so level, even if the tire was just flat. That is in line with with the article.

Still it is a lot of damage for 70MPH, I have done double that in mine but there were no trees or parked cars in way. Scary ...

It also said the door was torn off, that also looks true. The damage is not there for the fire fighters to have cut it off. Looks like it tore off into the front of the rear quarter. Hard to say but I think this car will be totaled. At first it looks better then the red one but after a closer look it is much worse.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
It's really a shame this happened. I feel sorry for all involved because poor choices were made and I'm sure they understand that. Thank God there were no serious injuries. We all make decisions we regret but you have to accept the consequences of those decisions and move on.

The car looks great for a 70 mph crash. The passenger compartment held up and the rest of the car took the damage. If this was a '69, I think the results would have been much worse.

Kyle

2012YellowBoss said:
I just looked at the picture and it does appear the right rear wheel is not on the car. If it was the car would not be so level, even if the tire was just flat. That is in line with with the article.

Still it is a lot of damage for 70MPH, I have done double that in mine but there were no trees or parked cars in way. Scary ...

It also said the door was torn off, that also looks true. The damage is not there for the fire fighters to have cut it off. Looks like it tore off into the front of the rear quarter. Hard to say but I think this car will be totaled. At first it looks better then the red one but after a closer look it is much worse.

El Jefe said:
The car looks great for a 70 mph crash. The passenger compartment held up and the rest of the car took the damage. If this was a '69, I think the results would have been much worse.

Kyle

No doubt, it did protect the passenger compartment well. My comments were along the line of fixing it, not sure how the insurance company will go on this. Would need to see pics all around, then it is always worse in person then the pics show. Guessing the frame is tweaked plus all the time that would be in door pillars and other non-cosmetic things. Look how far the deck lid is into the backlight, yet the bumper is not that crushed. If they do fix it I don't think that car will never be quite right again :(

If there is no damage to the right side that most likely is not a total. When I was a auto body guy we fixed a 87 Ford conversion van (in 88) with 5000 miles that was rear ended by a dump truck in the breakdown lane, the rear door was pushed forward four feet!

Dear Moderators,

Should you guys allow pictures of other peoples cars be posted that have been wrecked without there consent to do so? Posting wrecks of our cars is in poor taste and judgement. This is exactly what can get our cars regulated off the road and is exactly what the freaks that get off on this kind of stuff are looking for.
Sorry, Its my opinion it should not have been posted, this site is not youtube.

Stef

stef said:
Dear Moderators,

Should you guys allow pictures of other peoples cars be posted that have been wrecked without there consent to do so? Posting wrecks of our cars is in poor taste and judgement. This is exactly what can get our cars regulated off the road and is exactly what the freaks that get off on this kind of stuff are looking for.
Sorry, Its my opinion it should not have been posted, this site is not youtube.

Stef
Yes. The photo was posted on a public newspaper website so it's in the public domain. So far, unlike other Mustang forums, everone had been civil and respectful with their comments on this subject so no intervention is needed by the moderator team.

TMO Supporting Vendors