The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Wrecker GT350 - Two for One! Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
This is the Build Thread for Wrecker GT350. Reply below.

2017 GT350 I was hoping to rebuild but the body damage was beyond my capabilities to repair. This is how I got is May 21st.

This is my first go at a S550 so I'm learning as I go. I've built plenty of winning Ultra4 cars but this is all new to me. I love it!

38060831_Image_1.JPG

38060831_Image_2.JPG

38060831_Image_7.JPG

38060831_Image_5.JPG

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
I'm waiting on a new engine and front engine bay wiring harnesses. I was hoping to get a stand alone harness but with the help of the collective minds here I'm going with the OEM harness. Had to pull the donor harness out of the engine bay as the fuse box did not support the diff pump or fuel pumps and a few other things.

IMG_5491.JPG

Nice project! Looking forward to following this.

I’m about to begin a coyote swap for my Ecoboost. Sounds like you got $3k for the Ecoboost drivetrain? Was that engine, trans? Auto or manual? Any other parts? Been trying to figure out how much I can get for my drivetrain.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
Nice project! Looking forward to following this.

I’m about to begin a coyote swap for my Ecoboost. Sounds like you got $3k for the Ecoboost drivetrain? Was that engine, trans? Auto or manual? Any other parts? Been trying to figure out how much I can get for my drivetrain.
I got 2800 for engine and manual trans. Probably could have gotten a bit more but the guy came with cash.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
Today we took both dashes out to swap the body harnesses. So now I have two fully disassemble Mustangs in the shop and a huge pile of parts I'll never be using again. Stripped the to the bare chassis. I'm getting to know them pretty well now. There are very few fasteners that I haven't touched.

Need to clean the fiber insulation of the fire wall. Cage and seats are next for the interior once we set the body harness back in.

Got motor and engine bay harness in today. Got the motor harness on. You can see how the old harness got munched with the new one installed. Tomorrow the engine bay harness and she'll be ready for the motor.

IMG_5508.JPG

IMG_5507.JPG

IMG_5510.JPG

IMG_5506.JPG

This……is……..awesome…….

i hope you are going to read @Black Boss entire thread…..his racecar is so beautiful and he did pretty much this. The gt350 fenders are hard to get, and there is such a difference than the gt’s. now would be the time to do the archetype rear engine oil crossovers

Good luck

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
This……is……..awesome…….

i hope you are going to read @Black Boss entire thread…..his racecar is so beautiful and he did pretty much this. The gt350 fenders are hard to get, and there is such a difference than the gt’s. now would be the time to do the archetype rear engine oil crossovers

Good luck
I'm using @blackboss's build for guidance. I have GT350 fenders and front bumper. I found a new hood that I need to get. Thanks!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
Got the motor in and now waiting for the cage to arrive before I wire up the inside.

A wheel manufacturer drop these Shelby American wheels off yesterday. They are 20" so I'll have to check with our tire sponsor to see what tires they have available. I'll still run 19" tires on the track as I'm able two get Michelin slicks or Pilot Sports.

IMG_5519.JPG

IMG_5518.JPG

IMG_5517.JPG

IMG_5512.JPG

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors