The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Wrecker GT350 - Two for One! Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
Just a couple gussets and the drive door bars left on the cage.

BFG sent me some tires to try out and Shelby American wheels were sent as well by Vision Wheels. Love my partners! This is crossover from the off road side of the house.

Finally got the glass removed so I could finish up the welding on the cage. Getting old sucks as I can hardly see the puddle thus my welds look like crap!

IMG_5879.JPG

IMG_5878.JPG

IMG_5876.JPG

IMG_5617 2.JPG

IMG_5907.JPG

IMG_5917.JPG

174363943_6041028239244335_6703255142130195675_n.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
So finally figured out the codes and start sequence. The motor sounds good and the odometer reads 10870 miles on it. I'm pretty stoked on the Wrecker now.

Now I need to figure out the Magneride. The engine bay harness I receive didn't come with front Magneride plugs (so I i must have ordered the wrong one). So I need to disable as two of the four ride height modules are broken and one front shocks is bent. I talked to Richard over at Cortex (he is very helpful and if I was doing coilovers he would be my first choice) and I have to do a few changes so I can put basic shocks on. I need to think about this a little more. I need to learn this car first so I just want to put some basic struts and shocks to get a feel for the car.

Nonetheless I'm pretty happy now.

I currently have 22K into it and and bunch of my labor into it. There is no better way to mechanically learn a car without taking it completely apart and now I've done it twice!

64757142081__E9307FFA-A0D6-479E-84AE-E27E627F9CDF.JPG

IMG_5932.JPG

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
Call xineering. Those guys helped me out big with a magna ride delete issue. Their deletes are awesome too.

the rest only delete the shocks connection, but xineering slso deletes the ride height ones.
Thanks! I just viewed their install video and I only have one problem. The new harness I got doesn't have the plugs for the MR. I'm going to call them anyways and see if they have a work around.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
Getting closer. Got the battery mounted and the just waiting on the glass to be reinstalled. Looking forward to learning this car. There are a lot of things I want to do to it. I'll add them as I get a feel for the car's characteristics. The first thing I added was the lowering springs and ordered some camber plates for the next addition.

IMG_5935.JPG

IMG_6036.JPG

IMG_6035.JPG

I’m sure you’ll change it down the road but I love that there’s a GT350 motor behind that Ecoboost front end.

Did you get everything on the canbus network happy after the swap?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
I’m sure you’ll change it down the road but I love that there’s a GT350 motor behind that Ecoboost front end.

Did you get everything on the canbus network happy after the swap?
Only one issue I'm troubleshooting now. The push button start is not starting the car. I'm not sure if it is the clutch circuit or canbus issue. I can jumper the starter relay and it starts right up. When I push the button it says depress clutch and I do and still nothing happens.

US
great job Gman ! impressive work. Back in the day i did that with fox bodies. way the hell easier back then lol. my, how the mustang has evolved over the years.

Mustangs evolving over the years is an understatement. If you omit that embarrassing MustangII back in the 70's, It's been on a roll towards Iconicsville ever since!!!....Hard to believe the best keeps getting better..........................My Boss disapproves of this post.................

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Mustangs evolving over the years is an understatement. If you omit that embarrassing MustangII back in the 70's, It's been on a roll towards Iconicsville ever since!!!....Hard to believe the best keeps getting better..........................My Boss disapproves of this post.................
Hell, even that Mustang II was important - its been a great donor car for front suspension swaps in plenty of vintage cars and trucks.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
How's this thing doing? Get the starting and push button start worked out?
Got it all fired up and driving. Picked up some 315 tires and wheels and a CF hood from Mike Horn (gave me a rocking deal.) Put the Camber plates in goes to alignment tomorrow. Got it striped up for now. Adding the belt harness and catch cans next.6F51BCCD-BD35-4EA0-84AB-2356457B67CD.jpegAF0C6923-0034-45A9-BB31-FFCC3E76A7E9.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors