The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Wrecker GT350 - Two for One! Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That is the donor car front end. I have the GT350 nose, hood and one fender. I thought I had the upper tie bar but it was just a GT so I've got to wait on the GT350 tie bar for a bit. I'll run this until I get all of the parts.
Im an idiot lol….sorry

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
GMan, it was great meeting you today! I think everyone made it home mostly intact so we'll call that a win!
Yes, it was a nice day! Good meeting the wife and baby as well. I ended up breaking the passenger cat delete pipe off the flange. No big deal all weld up already. I think it happened when I went off course.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
in for updates.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca

The maiden voyage of the Wrecker at Big Willow was really fun. I'm new at this so any track day is fun. Met ChrisM and a few other people at the Extreme Speed Event. The first session was getting accustom to the car. I was on Falken RT660 315s for this day as i'm waiting new on street tires. First session best lap was a 1:48 just cruising. Second session with instructor starting to get the lines and 1:42 was my best lap. The video show my over confidence at the end. By the fourth session I was turning consistent 1:38 laps and getting into the groove.

The I heard strange exhaust noises. It was ending my fourth session and it turns out the passenger delete Cat pipe broke off at the flange. I'm guessing it must of got damaged when I went off course. This ended my day but I was quite satisfied on how the car handles and I did for the first time in it. Got it back to the shop and it was a 10 minute repair once on the lift.

Looking forward to next month!

Willow.jpeg

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors