The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WTB - 18mm Rear Sway Bar S197

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello,
Looking for a smaller rear sway bar preferably 18mm - 20mm for an S197. I know it might be a long shot. Just seeing if anyone has one.

Please PM me if you have something.

Thank you,
Ronnie

ny
18mm is available thru ford saw new listed on ebay 139$.look 4 v6 convertable rear sway bar.i am looking for 1 to just haven't pull trigger. chris

The 18mm one is hilarious flimsy (weighed on my scale 10lbs vs 20lbs of OE LS rear bar). When I installed mine, I wondered if it really would do anything at all vs. no rear bar. I haven't had the guts to try running without a rear bar.

Apex3V

Heel-n-Toe Enthusiast
I ran the FRPP bar front and V6 vert. bar rear for about a year on stock struts and loved the feel. The thinner bar did make a notable difference in getting the car to rotate like I wanted it to, I found mine on ebay for $90 but could probably find one from a junkyard for half that. Hope this helped.

I ran the FRPP bar front and V6 vert. bar rear for about a year on stock struts and loved the feel. The thinner bar did make a notable difference in getting the car to rotate like I wanted it to, I found mine on ebay for $90 but could probably find one from a junkyard for half that. Hope this helped.

Yea, I’ll most likley be heading to the junkyards after what I am seeing.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel