The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WTB: 19x11 or 18x11 Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unfortunately the APEX group buy currently happening for the SM10 wheels isn't getting the same love that their EC7 group buy did. As such I am looking for a set of wheels, ideally 19x11 EC7 or SM10 +52 in satin black but would consider other colours or 18x11.

Yeah, I feel ya. I was hoping for something similar to what the EC7 GangUp did earlier this spring, too. Guess everyone is out of money at the end of summer. Something about track events costing money? :D I am going to hold out in hopes of a better APEX group buy next spring maybe.

Yeah, I feel ya. I was hoping for something similar to what the EC7 GangUp did earlier this spring, too. Guess everyone is out of money at the end of summer. Something about track events costing money? :D I am going to hold out in hopes of a better APEX group buy next spring maybe.

Agreed, if I can't find something used I will hold out until next spring and see what Apex is offering for discounts or groups buys. I thought for sure the SM10 would get the same amount of interest as the EC7!

Agreed, if I can't find something used I will hold out until next spring and see what Apex is offering for discounts or groups buys. I thought for sure the SM10 would get the same amount of interest as the EC7!

I have a set of never mounted 18x11 CF 5 +52 with brand new track tires 305/35/18 if interested. Flat black finish. Send me a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Overall the cost of the Apex rims is quite reasonable, even at full price, and chatting with some friends we have known for over 15+ years in the motorsports industry we may be seeing some higher prices ( among many rim companies ) next year, anyway , due to the tariffs , etc. Just passing on what I have been told and of course that is not a guarantee of a price increase, just comments from some. If 18s fit, I would sure move towards that size because there are twice as many tire choices and plenty of used race slicks one can acquire. Have 18x11s on my car , and BFG gforce R1s or Hoosier R7s in 315/18 fit will fit with a spacer - that is a lot of meat on the ground.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the Apex SM10 Group Buy only got 10 pledges, I was hoping for a lot more. As such, still looking for some rims!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Honestly, if you are looking for rims for your Mustang, the Apex rims are quite reasonable for the high quality and fitment. I have purchased 4 sets over the past 4 years ( two different cars ) and was never able to get in on a group buy. Most companies never do group buys, so it is nice that Apex does work with TMO and others to offer this option at times, but I needed rims when no programs were in place. After doing my due diligence I found out the key things I was concerned about ( fitment, hub centric, sizes, quality, fair pricing, solid supplies, knowledgeable reps, etc. ) were not an issue at Apex. I was very tired of hearing from Reps that something might work, or that there were no squared set up options available? The guys build rims to our necessary track specs , at a price similar or lower to other rims and they are available for service, questions, etc.

If you need rims, get them so you are not scrambling at the last minute and if you can acquire during a group buy, great , but keep in mind the regular price is quite solid. Another thought is there is usually a Christmas/New Years sale price on many rim sizes at the end/beginning of the year, so that might be your option?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel