The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WTB: 2011-14 GT or BOSS 302 front bumpstops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking for a pair of factory front bumpstops off a 2011-14 Mustang GT or Boss 302. New or used is fine (can’t buy them from Ford without the full strut assembly). Working with RE Suspension to test and tune some factory height bumpstops for autocross and need stock takeoffs to baseline.

Thanks in advance,
J

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
If you just need dimensions, I have them still installed on my factory strut assemblies that I removed when I upgraded my struts and springs. But I'm not willing to disassemble them.

But why not use the Ford Performance jounce bumpers?

If you just need dimensions, I have them still installed on my factory strut assemblies that I removed when I upgraded my struts and springs. But I'm not willing to disassemble them.

But why not use the Ford Performance jounce bumpers?

Thanks for the suggestion, I actually bought a set of the Ford Racing bumpstops and will be running the rear bump stops. Although I could just run the Ford Racing front bumpstops, I've read mixed information about whether they are shorter/softer than the stock bump stops. I'm planning to send a pair of stock bumpstops as well as the Ford Racing pieces to RE suspension to have them rate tested, then have a set of of appropriate bumpstops pair to the factory spring rates.

Sounds like a lot of work, but given the stringent rules of SCCA "Street" classes bumpstop tuning has proven to be very effective with the soft stock spring rates (I've got a few trophies from the National Tour last year in my H-Street Civic Si that I attribute to this competitive "edge").

Would definitely appreciate it if you could send the overall height of the stock bumpstops so I can compare the data with the Ford Racing Pieces.

Best,
J

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel