The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WTB: LS front splitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anybody have a LS splitter they want to get rid of? I don't need the rods, just the splitter. I found them for under $700 online but since this is a back-up piece I am hoping I can find someone who wants to make a deal. If you are close enough I can pick it up.

Have you considered fabricating one from a sheet of ABS?

I honestly would not want to spend the time trying to make it work. I bought a "homemade" splitter from a member here a couple of years ago and it looks great. I could figure out how to cut my own and drill the holes but the problem with this "homemade" version would remain. The way the underside of the car is designed there should be a recessed area like the Ford LS version that allows the splitter to tuck right up to the stock Boss splitter. The ridge that sticks out from the stock under tray is preventing the splitter I have from sitting flush. There is a gap of about a 1/2 inch that opens around the corners where there are no rods. It looks like the LS splitter is designed to accommodate that lip or maybe I am missing something.

What year Boss do you have? The LS and 302S splitters on the 12’s are flat pieces of ABS. Not sure about the 13’s.

I have a 13. Not sure why the 12 is flat but if you look at the photo of the 13 you see the outline of the small stock splitter molded into the big splitter. I have to think it's to recess the standard Boss splitter into the big splitter so there is no gap. Maybe I am completely off but all I know is the flat ABS splitter I have just can't sit flush with the outer edges of the standard splitter and the LS version looks to solve that issue.

View attachment 3897 Flat stock from my 13, this is the bottom
Byron. That looks like an aftermarket part. Did you buy your car new? I just replaced my splitter as it was all scratched up. My 13 base splitter on my LS did not look like yours in your pic. See pic on page 10 of the Ford Performance instruction I gave in my last post and you'll see what I mean. The stock base LS splitter has more curves along the front edge of the splitter than your pick shows. If you are trying to install a stock LS large splitter I am thinking that this might not work for you unleas you also buy a OEM stock base splitter that can be used to mate up with the big splitter. Just a suggestion. Hope I didn't confuse.

Bay Area
Byron. That looks like an aftermarket part. Did you buy your car new? I just replaced my splitter as it was all scratched up. My 13 base splitter on my LS did not look like yours in your pic. See pic on page 10 of the Ford Performance instruction I gave in my last post and you'll see what I mean. The stock base LS splitter has more curves along the front edge of the splitter than your pick shows. If you are trying to install a stock LS large splitter I am thinking that this might not work for you unleas you also buy a OEM stock base splitter that can be used to mate up with the big splitter. Just a suggestion. Hope I didn't confuse.

Oh NO!! I bought it from a TMO member and he said it was FRPP with the P/N. I saw it on his car as well. I hope it wasn't after market because I sold it as a FRPP. Ill check with the buyer because I dont want to be that guy selling fake FRPP parts.

TMO Supporting Vendors