The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WTB- MT-82 trans ---- in good working order

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

US
Anyone have a good trans for sale? I may just buy a rebuilt one but thought I would post up here 1st and see what is available. Looking to stick with the mt82 for now.
Thanks!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
US
I bought the one linked- thanks! he was 10 miles from my house.
anyway- Blacksheep---- what clutch fluid do you recommend? I saw you said SRF was no good- ate seals etc.
I have been using it no probs for a few years. anyway - open for suggestions. Appreciate any help!

US
yes i have them seperate. he said in a previous post the srf damaged seals and maybe was the cause of some slave cyl failure.
I have had no problems with it for brake fluid.

clutch fluid recommendations big guy?

Sorry, I just got back from the IMSA race in Sebring (the car finished 2nd BTW) I don't recall saying any particular brand of fluid ate seals or anything else, maybe I did, I'm getting old, but that's not my norm.
Here.. I put this %$# on everything.
9C2iL2Ul.jpg

US
Sorry, I just got back from the IMSA race in Sebring (the car finished 2nd BTW) I don't recall saying any particular brand of fluid ate seals or anything else, maybe I did, I'm getting old, but that's not my norm.
Here.. I put this %$# on everything.
View attachment 55779

I had multiple slaves fail on both my Boss and GT350R running SRF. Also had a Brake master cylinder fail on the Boss and did a preventative change on the 350R after seeing evidence of rubber particles in the reservoir. May be a coincidence, but no repeat using either Motorcraft DOT4 or 5.1 LV.

That was Black Boss- sorry! My bad- I respect the both of your opinions and put stock into that info.
I am about to replace the slave and dont want to risk premature failure.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel