The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WTB: OEM Rear Seat Delete Panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
I have a 13’ Boss LS that I am looking to install a Watson rear cage in...

Since I very rarely get to the track, I may eventually return the interior back to stock and would like to have some OEM panels as back-ups/replacements since mine will need to be trimmed and cut for the install.

Thanks!

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO

Thanks but I have seen this on several sites and don’t need the X Brace as I already have one and that is where most of the cost sits.

Not sure if you are looking for the plastic trim panels but I installed this with my Watson bar and it looks factory and very clean.

https://shop.watsonracing.com/2005-2014-MUSTANG-4PT-ROLL-BAR-SEAT-DELETE-CARPET-p/wr-4ptcarpet.htm

Thanks. I saw this as well but only interested in the OEM setup. Not a fan of the open trunk pass-thru

I ran the WR RSD kit with the X brace and roll bar and it worked fine. You put a couple of slits in the carpet to put the bar through. If you can't find the RSD parts you can buy the kit and resell the X brace.

Also once the parts are installed in the back you really can't see it unless you stick your head back there. Especially if you have tinted windows.

IMG_3798.JPG

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I ran the WR RSD kit with the X brace and roll bar and it worked fine. You put a couple of slits in the carpet to put the bar through. If you can't find the RSD parts you can buy the kit and resell the X brace.

Also once the parts are installed in the back you really can't see it unless you stick your head back there. Especially if you have tinted windows.

View attachment 5262

I wasn't aware the WR RSD came with an X-brace or did you just buy that separately?
I have seen this WR RSD and Roll Bar installed on several cars but have yet to see one with the FRPP RSD kit and X-brace.

I am getting ready to install the WR RSD and have the FRPP RSD kit (M6346612B) and am questioning if the X-brace will be in the way of the two rear bars.

Charles and I have been in contact because he wants to test out my install because of his stature once I have in in. Perhaps I should be looking at buying the WR RSD and selling him my FRPP one with the brace.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
The one from Levittown is an OEM set up.

Yes it is but I am trying to avoid buying another X Brace that I would have to turn around and try to sell. It may not be possible, but you never know until you ask

I wasn't aware the WR RSD came with an X-brace or did you just buy that separately?
I have seen this WR RSD and Roll Bar installed on several cars but have yet to see one with the FRPP RSD kit and X-brace.

I am getting ready to install the WR RSD and have the FRPP RSD kit (M6346612B) and am questioning if the X-brace will be in the way of the two rear bars.

Charles and I have been in contact because he wants to test out my install because of his stature once I have in in. Perhaps I should be looking at buying the WR RSD and selling him my FRPP one with the brace.

The WR roll bar does not come with the FRPP X Brace but looks great and works well with it. I am excited to see yours installed. The only reason you would buy the WR RSD over the FRPP version would be if you wanted to save money and have the open trunk access or you already have an X Brace and prefer their design.

I had purchased the X brace with the kit and then sold the RSD part and used the WR piece with the X brace and WR roll bar.

What color are your X brace and roll bar?

The brace and roll bar are gray. Thank you for the photos. Your setup looks great.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I had purchased the X brace with the kit and then sold the RSD part and used the WR piece with the X brace and WR roll bar.

What color are your X brace and roll bar?

The Watson RB is red and the brace that came with the FRPP kit is grey.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
The Watson RB is red and the brace that came with the FRPP kit is grey.

So you are you going to paint both blue or white to match Lorraine? If you find that you do not use the FRPP panels let me know, I will be happy to purchase them from you. I would absolutely keep the X Brace for your Watson RB install. I will really stiffen up your hole chassis.

Best,
Charles

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Will probably paint the x-brace red to match the WR RB. Although most of the car is KOna Blue and white, I do have many red accents to carry out a red, White and Blue theme. I'll only paint the x-brace if I can still use it with the RB.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Thanks for the info. I hope to get this project started in the next two-three weeks. Right now I have everything but the tyme. I'll let you know my progress.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel