The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 WTB Track Parts for 2019 Shelby 350R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Westbury New York
Hi Everyone!!

Just purchased a 2019 350R and looking to set it up for track with the following items I am hoping to find used, if you have other cool track stuff I am up to hear about it!
Set of track wheel ( square set up) with or without tires - preferably Apex SM-10 or EC-7
AR or similar front splitter
APR GT-250 or similar rear wing
Adjustable camber plates
Roll cage or roll hoop bar
Adjustable Front and Rear End links

Please let me know what you have to offer and can text also to 646-764-5036 - Anton.
Thank you all!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Why bother getting a set of used Apex rims when there are supposed to be some Black Friday sales on them anyway -- rumor, but pretty likely. You could always send a note to Cory on the Apex Sponsor site and find out for sure, but often the used ones are quite close to what you can buy a new set for. Just a thought , but pretty darn sure there will be something coming up.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Westbury New York
Why bother getting a set of used Apex rims when there are supposed to be some Black Friday sales on them anyway -- rumor, but pretty likely. You could always send a note to Cory on the Apex Sponsor site and find out for sure, but often the used ones are quite close to what you can buy a new set for. Just a thought , but pretty darn sure there will be something coming up.
That was my plan B exactly. Its no rush and I am sure some sales will be coming soon.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Camber plate should have come from Ford with your car. Is your car new? If not Vorshlag makes the best plates. They are a sponsor here.

I ran my 350R last week on both Pirelli DH slick takeoffs and the stock cup2's. The cup2's were quicker and felt better all around. Both were mounted on Apex EC-7's.

I went with a Watson 4 point roll bar. You can buy direct from manufacturer or through OP Mustang also a sponsor here. Fairly easy install. Consider adding 6 point harnesses while you are at it.

Welcome to the site!!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
TMS is completely correct , you should have camber plates with the R. One of the items he mentioned is something many will find out at times , remember you are getting used racing slicks with the Pirellis and Michelins and the price is usually quite reasonable , but.............some folks are getting tires from last year , not this season , and it is very hard to tell how many heat cycles they might have on them. No always the case , but TMS brings up a good point even with racing slicks , age and heat cycling can mean there are faster alternatives. If they are fairly fresh, from 2020 , the Pirelli and Michelin slicks will normally be the fast ticket.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Westbury New York
Camber plate should have come from Ford with your car. Is your car new? If not Vorshlag makes the best plates. They are a sponsor here.

I ran my 350R last week on both Pirelli DH slick takeoffs and the stock cup2's. The cup2's were quicker and felt better all around. Both were mounted on Apex EC-7's.

I went with a Watson 4 point roll bar. You can buy direct from manufacturer or through OP Mustang also a sponsor here. Fairly easy install. Consider adding 6 point harnesses while you are at it.

Welcome to the site!!!

Thank you! I thought that the 2019 350R did not come with the factory camber plates? am I wrong? I have not really looked under the car to figure out but now will have to before I spend the money. Any sure way to verify before looking?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Westbury New York
TMS is completely correct , you should have camber plates with the R. One of the items he mentioned is something many will find out at times , remember you are getting used racing slicks with the Pirellis and Michelins and the price is usually quite reasonable , but.............some folks are getting tires from last year , not this season , and it is very hard to tell how many heat cycles they might have on them. No always the case , but TMS brings up a good point even with racing slicks , age and heat cycling can mean there are faster alternatives. If they are fairly fresh, from 2020 , the Pirelli and Michelin slicks will normally be the fast ticket.
Yeah I have not picked out a set of seats I want and will probably run a square set up with Re-71r as I had a good feedback from them with my Cayman GT4.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I believe often the camber plates were sent to the Dealer , so they went to the Parts Dept. and many were not aware they were sent. If car is new the Dealer owes him the plates -- standard equipment.

The research I have done shows that the R's camber plates are installed from the factory, the regular 350s, camber plates and covers are shipped to the parts department before the car arrives and is a dealer installed accessory. The link below will help you determine if you have them on your car or not. You can tell from the top and I believe the R's have a bolt that sticks up through one of the extra holes next to where the top of the strut mounts to the body.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I believe there parts were delayed at various times as the camber plates on TMS's GT 350R came boxed up in our Parts Dept. if I remember correctly. In some of the information it is shown as an option , but listed also as a Dealer Installed Option -- like the front splitter for instance.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Delays???? 🤭

When I talked to the Tech regarding alignment, he stated that he was swapping the plates and wanted to know where to set camber front and rear. I assume that Ford shipped them or put them in the trunk. Either way, I got mine. I can take a photo of the tower/plate and post if that's helpful.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
There were delays from Ford, not specifically yours TMS. Not uncommon with any Manufacturer in my experience over the years. Can remember car covers being delayed, at times. I do know of one instance where we did not get the camber plates with a GT 350 ( at another of the Woodhouse Ford stores ). I do know we had camber plates come into the Parts Dept. for others and they needed to be installed. Surprisingly , with GM, Ford and Chrysler, some Dealer installed Parts are shipped to the Dealer and not put in the vehicle --- seems sometimes with all the shipping , storage, etc. some were not making it to the Dealer.

TMO Supporting Vendors