The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

X-Brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone planning on trying to install one UNDER the back seat? It seems Ford went for the biggest bang in stiffness with this item. A 10% increase in torsional stiffness should be noticeable. I remember that Ford mentioned that the '11 chassis (or maybe the '10?) was already about 15% stiffer than previous years so putting the X on should result in a very stiff chassis.

I'm pretty sure the 11 chassis is stiffer than the 10. The Boss does not have the split folding rear seat so I suspect you can fit a brace back there although I'm not sure if the one from the LS will fit. Here's a rear shock tower brace but it's not an X brace. Not sure if it fits the 2010+ cars.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/steeda-2005-rear-shocktower-brace.html

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
The Boss does not have the split folding rear seat

You sure about that? Sure looks like it here in this pic. If not, I hope it's at least a one-piece-full-fold...that is very critical to getting a full set of race tires and all my gear in the car for track days!!!

12mustangboss302_36_hr_original.jpg

5 DOT 0 said:
I'm pretty sure the 11 chassis is stiffer than the 10. The Boss does not have the split folding rear seat so I suspect you can fit a brace back there although I'm not sure if the one from the LS will fit. Here's a rear shock tower brace but it's not an X brace. Not sure if it fits the 2010+ cars.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/steeda-2005-rear-shocktower-brace.html

That Steeda brace and the Granatelli one like it are complete waste. There simply is not enough force put to the shocks to deflect the frame so how would adding a cross bar do anything? Some of these companies are looking for people to throw away money on junk. Look at the brace from Ford from the LS now that is a design that can work and it isn't bracing the rear shocks it is crossing a huge whole in the frame. Most car used to have that as a stamped sheet steel part before the pass through thing became popular.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel