The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Yahoo article about the Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice review other than confusing the white shifter of the GT500 with the black one in the Boss. At least he made the right decision on which is the better car. ;)

I think he's right about the "highway drone".
the drone usually never bothers me, except when i got people in the car and a conversation is going... and I'm driving in a civilized manner lol.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Are you restrictor plates out? I have the 3/4's and I don't notice a drone. Then again I may have it and not notice it over the rear axle whine!

2013 Boss 302 Mustang 2013 Ford Shelby GT500
CLASS Sports car Sports car
ENGINE 5.0-liter N/A V-8 5.8-liter supercharged V-8
TRANSMISSION 6-speed manual 6-speed manual
POWER 444 hp 662 hp
TORQUE 380 ft.-lbs. 631 ft.-lbs.
WEIGHT 3632 lbs 3845 lbs
0-60 MPH 4.2 seconds 3.6 seconds
EMISSIONS 7.8 tons CO2/year 8.1 tons CO2/year
MILEAGE 15/26 15/24
BASE PRICE $42,200 $54,200
CONS Highway exhaust drone Bumpy ride, twitchy rear
PROS The complete package Awesome power

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
Some may call it a drone,but to me,its a 'race car' for the street,and I love the sound, going slow or going fast. Its all part of a HIGH Performance car. The plates are out and the red key installed. Brings me back to my old 70 Boss 302 days.....Only better. Enjoy the car guys!

I hear that "drone" as sweet music! One of the main reasons that I bought my Boss was the sound. Restrictor plates have been out since the day I brought it home. I only use the Track key, and never use that silver valet key.

Stangs.jpg

Is anyone thinking about the mpg diff, with red key, I get 17.7 mpg, my car at miller was 7 mpg. Not actually my car, but same yr. & color.
GTHIG 1359 Out

TMO Supporting Vendors