The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Yellow Blaze

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For those of us who own the Yellow Blaze and Black combination, I have to say it's overall rare numbers (252) are something to be proud of! What I have also noticed is the marketing of Ford's Boss 302 is climbing very well BUT this color combination....examples:

- Traxx makes the remote controlled Boss 302 and all colors but Yellow Blaze offered.
- Revell Model Cars have most of the color combinations......no Yellow Blaze.
- Hot Wheels makes all color combinations but Yellow Blaze and Black.
- Diecast Cars also do not have this color combination.
- Recently I downloaded the game CSR Racing on the iphone4S which has the Boss 302 and all colors but Yellow Blaze and the silver Laguna Seca.

Guess the point I'm trying to make is all of us regardless of our color selections need to enjoy this production of Boss 302's as Ford has created. It's beginning to really sound like the total number of 8,000 through the 2 years is going to be true.

Please feel free to at your .02/comments as desired!

Sesshomurai

Yep. I like that it's rare, but also it looks great! I was looking for a scale diecast model of a boss 302 and all they had was red. I think for those things it comes down to reproduction.
It's difficult to reproduce yellow blaze accurately. But I love that you don't see one on every corner. 252 units is rare company indeed!

Sesshomurai

I wish Forza 4 had the boss's. Not sure what's taking them so long. I got some mocked up shelby's dressed up as bosses in the game, but not the same...cuz when I play I see "shelby" on the rear deck.

SUPRMN said:
- Hot Wheels makes all color combinations but Yellow Blaze and Black.
I have a Hot Wheels 2012 black LS sitting on my desk.

You YB owners will make up for it by the increased value because your cars are so rare. ;) Just get them out of your garage, drive them and enjoy them.

GA
The 2011 YB numbers (all Mustangs) were less than 1% and it sounds like 2012 was not much more. I only see one on the road a few times a year. It is one of the reasons I went for YB, so it not something I would see every day on the road as it was with my Highland Green Bullitt. Many people who comment on my color say that they have never seen it.

darreng505 said:
I wish Forza 4 had the boss's. Not sure what's taking them so long. I got some mocked up shelby's dressed up as bosses in the game, but not the same...cuz when I play I see "shelby" on the rear deck.

I used the 05 GT and added cams, brakes, exhaust and suspension. Then the full race tranny and diff so I could chenge the gearing to match the Boss. With cams and a little other tuning, I got it to be pretty darn close to the Boss in hp/tq and redline. Also played around with weight and body kit, but my art skills are not great so the graphics are pretty weak. It is a more accurate representation than the Shelby dynamically imo.

Yellow Blaze is a beautiful color. You are complaining about die cast/RC and video games not having the color, but I have a 2013 Boss and I have not found a single physical model or video game that has a 2013 Boss of any color! I think they all did the 2012 models and called it good.

Maybe if the Boss finally makes it into Forza 4 it will be a 2013 model....

Sesshomurai

coboss said:
Yellow Blaze is a beautiful color. You are complaining about die cast/RC and video games not having the color, but I have a 2013 Boss and I have not found a single physical model or video game that has a 2013 Boss of any color! I think they all did the 2012 models and called it good.

Maybe if the Boss finally makes it into Forza 4 it will be a 2013 model....

Actually, Forza kinda sorta does have the 2013 boss. You can find them in the marketplace as designs added to the 2010 shelby mustang model. It's about 80% accurate and doesn't look too bad.
What forza lacks is the 2011-2012 mustang models with which anyone can add the boss colors/striping....

darreng505 said:
Actually, Forza kinda sorta does have the 2013 boss. You can find them in the marketplace as designs added to the 2010 shelby mustang model. It's about 80% accurate and doesn't look too bad.
What forza lacks is the 2011-2012 mustang models with which anyone can add the boss colors/striping....

Try making one with the 05, seriously. It is a much more realistic drive once it is set up right, and I play from inside and the interior is close enough.

TMO Supporting Vendors