The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Yellow car with paint flaws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I sent an email to my salesman to find out if he knows anything about this. I may even call him tomorrow and check with the general manager.

Since my car from what I know has not been given a VIN, I can only assume the color I picked will not happen. This I hope is not true.....I've waited 6 months already for this car!!

Thanks for the posting, I'll reply when I know more.

I was able to get $1,500.00 off sticker for the paint. Salesman has said that Ford does not consider the car to have a flaw. This is a very reputable dealer so I believe him.
I do have one concern, if i get into an accident, it seems to me that I will have a heck of a time finding someone to match the paint as even Ford may be having difficulties. I can pick it up Friday.
Maybe I should wait for an orange at sticker? Any thoughts about matching the yellow?

Wrongway, you are correct. If you get into an accident it WILL be a tough color to match. A very skilled body shop I spoke with said any 3 stage paints are much tougher to match. By the way, I ordered a Kona Blue on 1/24, car is nowhere in sight. I since changed my mind on the color (that happens when they make you wait over 6 mos w/ no end in sight) and found a Yellow Blaze at a dealer. Will take delivery of it next week. Knowing what the Body shop told me, I wanted the Yellow Blaze anyway. Congratulations, and enjoy the car! We don't buy them with the anticipation of getting into an accident. He also told me, they usually have to spray the entire side of the car, even if only one panel is damaged, so the whole side will match. Insurance companies know this and will pay to have this done. Good Luck!!

wrongway said:
I was able to get $1,500.00 off sticker for the paint. Salesman has said that Ford does not consider the car to have a flaw. This is a very reputable dealer so I believe him.
I do have one concern, if i get into an accident, it seems to me that I will have a heck of a time finding someone to match the paint as even Ford may be having difficulties. I can pick it up Friday.
Maybe I should wait for an orange at sticker? Any thoughts about matching the yellow?
Member 2012yellowboss has a YB car and had his roof painted YB so you can ask him. I don't think there were any issues matching the paint on his car.

5 DOT 0 said:
wrongway said:
Member 2012yellowboss has a YB car and had his roof painted YB so you can ask him. I don't think there were any issues matching the paint on his car.

My roof came out perfect, they sprayed a few test panels and then the car, if I needed the door done I see no reason why the whole car would be need paint.

You're right Scott. He did tell me that on the first try the color can be dead on, but 3 stage paints can be known to be a more difficult match. I wouldn't let it sway my decision if that's what I really wanted anyway.

I'm picking the car up tomorrow afternoon. I did see an orange one today at a different dealer. They want $5,000.00 OVER sticker, which is too bad. Loved the orange, as much as the yellow, they're all mean looking. Cant wait. I'll put up some pics if I can figure out how to do it. Thanks for the replies everyone, I feel much better about the yellow paint.

TMO Supporting Vendors