The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Yet Another JackLift Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Hey,
Can I jack the car from the middle of the rocker on the pinch weld to get both side wheels in the air and then jack stand inside of the pinch weld at the recommended locations?

I've been jacking the rear and front separately and putting them on jack stands, but it takes a while and I'm weary about jacking one end while the other is only resting on a jack stand - unlevel.

Unfortunately, the "user manual" doesn't give great advice on this.

While technically not the correct way to lift the car - I do it all the time to change tires, same as the racing teams. It will not hurt the car but I use a pad on the jack to minimize paint damage.

Sesshomurai

Justin said:
the jacking rails from kenny brown do they block the side pipes mounting bolt?

I watched the install video. Prolly these will need to be cut down a bit for the boss.

darreng505 said:
Justin said:
the jacking rails from kenny brown do they block the side pipes mounting bolt?

I watched the install video. Prolly these will need to be cut down a bit for the boss.
I don't think so. I friend of mine just had them welded onto his Boss and I don't believe there were any issues but I'll double check.

I actually bent the passenger side pinch weld with my jack right in the middle. It's not flattened but there is a "wave" in it. Now, I jack right under the side mirror and it lifts both sides. I am going to be ordering the jacking rails from Loran Keller at Open Track Connection. A friend of mine just got his and said they are stout. Loran said he's installed them on several Bosses so no issue with the side pipes.

http://www.opentrackconnection.com/05-12_Ext_Matrix_System.html

The jacking rails look like a great way to simplify jacking up the car. I just ordered a set and will be having Tousley Ford install them for me while they are doing some other suspension mods.

TMO Supporting Vendors