The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Yokohama Advan AD08R vs. Michelin PSS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getting ready to pull the trigger on a new set of tires for use on stock rims and really leaning towards the Advan AD08R. I do @ 4-6 track days per year and weekend warrior street duty. Looking at going to 265/35 front and 295/30 rear. I've seen plenty of feedback from members on the PSS but not much on the Advan. Not to concerned about wet weather performance which is why I favor the Advan. Any experience and thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm with you on the AD08 R. I have the PSS and a friend of mine has the AD08's (non R version) on his car. The AD08's held up very nicely tracking them. Dig around and you'll find a few threads with BMO members making positive comments on the AD08's. They are not quite as fast as Pirelli Corsas but last much longer. Tire Rack was quoted as saying that the AD08's on any given day are faster than the PSS in the dry and I imagine the R's are even faster. I don't drive my car in the rain so if my PSS's needed to be replaced today I'd buy the AD08 R's. But if you drive in the wet I'd get the PSS.

NFSBOSS said:
I'm with you on the AD08 R. I have the PSS and a friend of mine has the AD08's (non R version) on his car. The AD08's held up very nicely tracking them. Dig around and you'll find a few threads with BMO members making positive comments on the AD08's. They are not quite as fast as Pirelli Corsas but last much longer. Tire Rack was quoted as saying that the AD08's on any given day are faster than the PSS in the dry and I imagine the R's are even faster. I don't drive my car in the rain so if my PSS's needed to be replaced today I'd buy the AD08 R's. But if you drive in the wet I'd get the PSS.

thanks for the input and going with the AD08R. Will report back after first track day in a few weeks.

took delivery of the Advan tires and unfortunately the 295/30/19 size for the rear is to large for the stock 9.5" rims. My installer indicated they would fit but bulge out which is not a recommended condition. Because I track the car this could also present a problem with tire bead separation. I already returned to Tire Rack (customer service is great!) and replaced with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Went with 265/35/19 in front and 285/35/19 rear. The Adavn's looked awesome so kind of disappointed but better safe than sorry. Will be at Road America on May 10th so anxious to see how the Michelin's perform.

TMO Supporting Vendors