The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Yotah's Grabber Blue GT350 thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Front bumper came off the car yesterday, I swapped to LEDs for the front lights to get rid of that awful orange hue, little detail but it was bothering me forever.

I also started quickly doing a template for the splitter and will do also a couple for the canards this weekend.

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4257.JPG

And the rear calipers are finished, and the front ones need curing, sticker, clearcoat and curing again.
IMG_3927.jpeg

I also took the opportunity to have the wheels and spliter off the car to measure and template some brake duct brackets that will fit onto the hub and grab air from under the splitter with a NACA duct and some 3" rubber hose. These should be done next week :)

Front bumper came off the car yesterday, I swapped to LEDs for the front lights to get rid of that awful orange hue, little detail but it was bothering me forever.

I also started quickly doing a template for the splitter and will do also a couple for the canards this weekend.

View attachment 3128

View attachment 3129

View attachment 3131

And the rear calipers are finished, and the front ones need curing, sticker, clearcoat and curing again.
View attachment 3130

I also took the opportunity to have the wheels and spliter off the car to measure and template some brake duct brackets that will fit onto the hub and grab air from under the splitter with a NACA duct and some 3" rubber hose. These should be done next week :)

Excellent. Would like to see them soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your parts development projects.

Yotah, looking great. I always enjoy reading your stuff and look forward to tracking your R and D?

On another note, just curious, as a Ford insider I’m curious why you went with the standard 350 over the R?

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Yotah, looking great. I always enjoy reading your stuff and look forward to tracking your R and D?

On another note, just curious, as a Ford insider I’m curious why you went with the standard 350 over the R?

I was able to purchase the car through the Ford employee program thanks to my boss, Kemal Curic, who was designer and later design manager on the S550 program, but they only allocated 350Rs in 2015 for some high execs at Ford (including my boss) and in 2016 for about 50 employees. When I was able to purchase mine, the R wasn't an option anymore, and in any case I couldn't really afford the extra cost + ADM that would have come on top. I ended up getting a 2017 350 for MSRP so I'm pretty ok with it :)

Chris M : Grabber Blue is just awesome :)

"I also took the opportunity to have the wheels and spliter off the car to measure and template some brake duct brackets that will fit onto the hub and grab air from under the splitter with a NACA duct and some 3" rubber hose. These should be done next week :)[/QUOTE said:
Any photos or update on the brake duct brackets?

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
I received the parts from MAD Industries yesterday... so i took the afternoon off and got started!!
The OEM GT350 splitter is a bit annoying to remove but it just takes patience (i don’t have much, but i made due!). The rear wing required some drilling and griding of the inner skin of the trunk. It turns out my trunk had some bumps from the original wing being mounted to the car by what seems to be a group of gorillas... i’ll either get some bodywork done on itnext winter or switchto an Anderson composites part.

Next up will be the lowering springs and bushing inserts for the IRS. I’m also working on a set of rigid collars to fit the front subframe and align it properly as mine is way off to the left right now.

61c99b10.jpg

40dd2d10.jpg

64a58310.jpg

494d6010.jpg

82920910.jpg

ead07d10.jpg

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Thanks :). My next video will go through the assembly and install of a pair of buckets in the car with the 6 point harnesses and the wiring harness + airbag delete + original seatbelt buckle integration to the new seats

Then I have another one coming up for rear suspension and some extra bits and pieces.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel