The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Yotah's Grabber Blue GT350 thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I look forward to seeing it in person.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
2 videos from my trackday at Grattan. First one is from the organizers, really nice editing. You can also see my buddies with the S197 5.0 (full stock, destroyed his rear brakes when you see him lock up. Both rotors cracked in half...) and the Mini Cooper S also.

Second one is onboard the 5.0 when i got my tank slapper and put the car the wrong way on the track :p

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
They'd have to be further back to fit your hood pins. But as they are now, the left vent interferes over the stock airbox anyway. SO i'll probably move them back to design them somehow differently to accomodate all that.

Really great video! I love the camera position for your feet. I definitely need to seek out that type of set up at some point.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit

I tried installing it under the steering column but it gets in my way, and the grain in the plastic makes the GoPro adhesive mount poorly stick.
I've stuck one on the dahsboard insert trim that goes all the way from left to right. It drops on the sides along the glovebox on the passenger side, and same thing on the driver side. It provides a very good mounting surface for a GoPro adhesive mount, and the angle of view on the feet is good :)

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Got some parts last week :

Steeda camber plates. I'll get rid of the chrome on it and powdercoat them in either grabber blue or satin black for a nicer look. I'm not driving a Harley Davidson, so chrome won't be of any use :)

img_3414.jpg

I also got the Steeda clutch assist spring and perch kit. The spring is softer, making the clutch pedal feel much "stronger" than stock. Better modulation with my foot, really happy about it, especially for 60$! It took 5' to install, following Steeda's instructions. Removing the OEM is actually the "hard"part, and snapping in the Steeda doesn't even require any tool.

img_3415.jpg

And I found the ultimate use for my front tow hook ...

img_3416.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors