The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

You don't have to wait for MMP, check out the Who's the Boss track experience!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
The 10 days forecast just crept up to Friday, the night of the reception. 78 degrees and Sunny with 0% chance of precip! 8)

That's what I like to hear. :)

As usual, I am scrambling to get everything done.
I just changed the rear rotors and pads. Hopefully tonight I'll get the fronts done.
I've decided I'm going to install my MM CC plates myself and do my own alignment. I need to check at Autozone and see if they have a loaner spring compressor. I'm making my own camber gage too. ;D
Sunday I go look at a trailer with check in hand so hopefully will be pulling that home.
Ordered the new hitch and tow straps yesterday.
I still need to change the oil in the Diesel sometime next week.

Other than that, I'm ready to go!! ;D

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Gary / George / Casey -

Track rules for clothing. I know when I'm there with NASA it is cotton, long pants and short sleeved t-shirts (minimum). Are we operating under anything different for this event?

I know gas service is within 2 blocks... what about air and tire services? I'm thinking about bringing a set of Grand-Am tires just for fun ;)

Any set schedule yet?

From the Track...
http://www.racemph.com/Mustang-Ford-Schedule-2011.pdf

http://www.racemph.com/Track-Requirements-Guidelines-2011.pdf

Bosselman's Pump & Pantry in just around the corner from the track and has 91 Unleaded without ethanol and a 24/7 nice "C" store too. We have GT260 Sonoco Racing fuel with ethanol and Sonoco 112 leaded fuel available both available at $9/Gal and pumped into your 5 gallon race fuel container only.

Arriving on Friday the closest Tire store is near the track and called Garrett Tire. They help with many of our race tire mounts and would be open Saturday AM. We have several other tire stores too.

We have air compressor at the track located just by grid.

We have very nice 20/30/50 AMP RV Spots and very nice showers and bath facilities. The Guardrail Clubhouse will be your home away from home while you are visiting MPH.

Hotels are less than 7 minutes from the track (in a Boss) all others 8 minutes.

George

Please be sure you try and arrive by Friday evening and join us at the Super Screen theater with your cars! 5PM - 8PM

Great Super Screen program by Todd Soderquist and other from Ford Motor Company along with a really nice area to show your cars and just inside you will find great food(FREE) and a cash bar. Theater program starts at 6:45PM - Car display/Ford/Bar 5PM-7PM. Yes you can bring your drink into the Theater too! (This is Nebraska)

BBS-M-04649.JPG

BBS-M-04647.JPG

BBS-M-04638.JPG

More from MPH...The Awards List!

Top Pony
2nd Pony
3rd Pony

Top Ford
2nd Top Ford

1st Auto Cross
2nd Auto Cross
3rd Auto Cross

Top Wrangler
2nd Wrangler
3rd Wrangler

People’s Choice
Best Paint
Best Ford
Best Motor
Best Vintage

George

What is the head count or how many Boss owners are coming? What would be the latest of registering for this Boss event. Trying to get the time to drive from KY only 14 hrs+- looks like this will the one to be at!

KYBOSSLS

KYBOSSLS said:
What is the head count or how many Boss owners are coming? What would be the latest of registering for this Boss event. Trying to get the time to drive from KY only 14 hrs+- looks like this will the one to be at!

KYBOSSLS
I just talked to Casey and he said they were at about 30 cars last time he checked. He said they keep getting some more every day though and he hasn't been to the post office yet today. I know I talked to two guys this morning that just sent theirs. As far as cutoff, I'm not sure. I recommend you call Casey at MPH. His number is 402-705-7281.

KYBOSSLS said:

KYBOSSLS

I hope you can make it! It will be a long pull but at least most of it will be on fairly flat road.

I'm not sure where you could go and see as many Boss LS's in one place. ;D
There will be more there than the Boss Reunion or Mustang Alley at the Woodward Dream Cruise. Both of those events were right out Ford's back door. 8)

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
I just wiped the prairie dog and snake guts off the Boss... I'm ready for the car show ;)

damn... these local tracks sure do have a lot of vermin... for now ;)

Mine's being detailed as we speak getting ready for my son's senior pictures tomorrow. The hood stripe looked like it extended through the front clip from all the rubber debris at BIR. Mine's not exactly car show material :p

Don't worry about a cutoff date for registration...Casey will get you in when you arrive!
Experienced Drivers: as late as Sunday 8AM
New Drivers" as late as 12:00 Noon Saturday
AutoCross: as late as Saturday Morning 8:30AM
Car Show: Just be here as soon as you can - but extra credit for time spent!
Your Name Tag may not be printed so we'll just write your name on your shirt with a Black Magic Marker if needed!

Great to hear all the responses on the forum. This makes us very proud to put on the very First Roundup and get you all corralled in one place!

George

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel