The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

You don't have to wait for MMP, check out the Who's the Boss track experience!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
JScheier said:
I just wiped the prairie dog and snake guts off the Boss... I'm ready for the car show ;)

damn... these local tracks sure do have a lot of vermin... for now ;)

Hopefully you'll never have to clean one of these out of your grille. ;) A coyote under the hood is enough.

coyote-roadkill.png

GA
Dean#4AI said:
Looks like I have to fabricate a fire extinguisher mount too.
Glad you posted this before the event although I should have put it on my list anyways. :-\

For those of you wanting to mount fire extinguishers in your car, Summit Racing Parts sells a billet clamp and surface mount for 2.5 lb extingushers that you can use to mount one on the back seat shelf wall behind the passenger front seat like I did in my '08 Bullitt. It is easy to reach and is out of the way so you can just leave it there. You can mount it the same way in the Boss.

Mounted with pin in place.
DSCN1396.jpg

Shown with extinguisher removed.
DSCN1398.jpg

Shown mounted with front seat all the way back.
DSCN1399.jpg

There is also a guy named Steve McCarley (former MCA president) who came up with an extinguisher mounting bracket which fits under the seat that seems to be taking off as a side business for him. You can contact him at [email protected] for more info.

Brakes bled, new front pads, new tires, cleaned up car, repaired oil separator installed, extra parts packed in tubs, gas cans full, now hurry up and wait!

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Make sure to leave some room to bring home all your hardware after you clean up on us! 8)

We'll see. Crazy work hours the last two months along with a five year old boy.... If I stay awake each day I'll be happy! Maybe a ride/drive in a red key car to top it off!

drano38

Wayne
I mailed my registration in last week, so will be good to go.
Need to check brake pads today.
Can't wait to get the Boss back to MPH--its been over a month.
I'll sneak out of work mid morning Friday and hit the road.
Maybe I can pass Gary on the way--will be my only chance all weekend. ;D
BTW, I'm also "SD GT" on TMS. No sure why I didn't use my "normal" name on that site.
Wayne

LOL true! :D Yea sometimes living in such a big country has its drawbacks. Easy if you can just hop on a plane, not so much if you have to haul a car. Wish everybody could make it, but it is somewhat in the proverbial middle of nowhere!

Gary......I am still in the process of trying to get the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) off of work! If it happens, I will be a late entry if not a day of entry.

I so badly want to try my car on the track!

suprmn said:
Gary......I am still in the process of trying to get the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) off of work!

I can sense from you message that you are coming down with a bad case of pneumonia and should have the weekend off for some much needed R&R. I'll bet Gary can send a note to your Boss if you need it. ;D

Dean#4AI said:
suprmn said:
Gary......I am still in the process of trying to get the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) off of work!

I can sense from you message that you are coming down with a bad case of pneumonia and should have the weekend off for some much needed R&R. I'll bet Gary can send a note to your Boss if you need it. ;D
I would absolutely do that in exchange for all the LEOs turning a blind eye when I'm passing through NE! :D

cloud9 said:
Dean#4AI said:
suprmn said:

I would absolutely do that in exchange for all the LEOs turning a blind eye when I'm passing through NE! :D

Wish I had control over that for you Gary but that's a tough order to fill! Plus you don't really need to worry, your car is on a trailer....LOL

Still no chance of getting this weekend off as of right now....still working hard on it though. If I can't get both Saturday and Sunday, I may just shoot for Sunday. One track day is better than none!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel