The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

You don't have to wait for MMP, check out the Who's the Boss track experience!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
Or just throw your track tires in his trailer and Smokey & The Bandit it through the Rockies! ;D

Did that on the way to New Mexico in '08, got arrested for 125 in a 55. Never again :eek:

PM me or email me his email...I'll have to get in touch with him and try to get him to some local events, if nothing else.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
JScheier said:
Old habits are hard to break. 10 years in the M3... from a 'power' car (240hp) to a momentum car (240hp) in a single decade ;)

I hear ya, again a momentum car only by comparison.

I wish I could figure out how to get a gutted 'stang down to gutted M3 weight, although that's probably not going to happen.

ArizonaGT said:
Did that on the way to New Mexico in '08, got arrested for 125 in a 55. Never again :eek:
Really? I usually get caught going 45 in a 35...fortunately.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
ArizonaGT said:
Really? I usually get caught going 45 in a 35...fortunately.

Yes really. It was a stressful 3 months waiting for trial after I got bailed out the same day, but I got lucky and the arresting officer failed to appear in court (probably figured I wouldn't drive 6 hours one way to be present), and I walked.

I am a born-again good citizen after that encounter.

ArizonaGT said:
cloud9 said:
Or just throw your track tires in his trailer and Smokey & The Bandit it through the Rockies! ;D

PM me or email me his email...I'll have to get in touch with him and try to get him to some local events, if nothing else.
PM sent

ArizonaGT said:
Yes really. It was a stressful 3 months waiting for trial after I got bailed out the same day, but I got lucky and the arresting officer failed to appear in court (probably figured I wouldn't drive 6 hours one way to be present), and I walked.

I am a born-again good citizen after that encounter.
A little luck never hurts.

A person with a new Boss local to me (who shall remain nameless) was showing me video of a drive he did with some other cars including a GT2 and F430. He was tracking down the F430 and it looked like he was moving pretty good. I asked him how fast he was going and he hit 140. That's a little fast for me on a two lane hwy with a river on one side. Imagine getting pulled over and having that on video. :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors