The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Your Boss 302 Top Speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's the fastest you've driven your Boss so far? On a closed circuit of course. ;)

I've only had mine up to somewhere between 125-130 and have done it maybe a couple of hundred times now as I head into turn 1 at Thunder Hill. My car is very stable at that speed and feels like I'm just cruising along at 70. ;D

Sesshomurai

142.1 back stretch at VIR. took 4/5 of the stretch to make that and the last 1/5 to brake and pray.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Pushing right around 140+ mph at Mid America Motorplex near Glenwood , Iowa.

Would imagine guys are doing over 150 who have gone to Road America?!

138 for about 1 second then had to back down...on a nice straight stretch of blacktop wayyyy out in the country.

This is 10mhz GPS not speedo:

150 mph at BIR down the front straight lifting into Turn 1 :eek:

148 mph at Road America......probably heaing into 5 but could have been 12 (Canada Corner) or 1 ??? My GPS timer just gives max speed per lap and not where.

Next year with LTs, OR X and a tune with the limiter removed we'll see.......

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Speedo said 162 at Pocono Raceway (yea I know, a NASCAR track is cheating ;D ), since I'm on 18" wheels I believe it's really about 155 MPH. Nothing like going into into a turn at 155 with a cement wall 2 feet away at my drivers door when we were driving the course clockwise ::)

149 numerous times at BIR recorded by my Traqmate GPS. Not as brave as Gary however as I could not mentally avoid touching the brake heading into turn 1, even though the car is obviously capable of handling it.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
They can hit it in 5'th but since we never use 6'th on the track I'm not sure if they can do it there also. My guess, based on our torque curves, is they can. Just a guess.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The best part is how surprised drivers of other makes are when we go whizzing by..................she pulls to 7500 , strong through the gears and sure is fun passing cars that are quick but seem to poop out around 125-130.

150+ on a uphill two mile straight that gains at least 1000 feet in elevation. I love how the boss just pulls like a freight train even with the pretty steep uphill in 5th.

TMO Supporting Vendors