The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Your First Boss 302 Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racered302 said:
Did it make a noticeable difference? I'm assuming when you say panel you mean drop in? I was also going to wait for the Track key before installing a CAI and doing much of anything.

Yes a drop in to the stock box, same part # as the GT so was easy to find at a local parts store. I would like to say I noticed a slight improvement in response, (could be wishful thinking in my head) - so I am happy with it. I don't have any race track, dyno or flow data, just seat of the pants feel.

First mod was to have a 3M clear bra installed on the front end, 18" on hood and feeders and complete side mirrors. Here is Florida we have "Love Bugs" and their blood is acidic and will eat the front end of these bumpers in no time...

Next mods are window tint and then a new LS rear wing

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
BlazinBoss302 said:
First mod was to have a 3M clear bra installed on the front end, 18" on hood and feeders and complete side mirrors. Here is Florida we have "Love Bugs" and their blood is acidic and will eat the front end of these bumpers in no time...

Two things:
First where in Fl? And how much for the 3M clear bra? The only place I've found wants close to $800 for it and it's not the 3M brand. Can't remember the name.

ufnavy06 said:
BlazinBoss302 said:

Two things:
First where in Fl? And how much for the 3M clear bra? The only place I've found wants close to $800 for it and it's not the 3M brand. Can't remember the name.

I paid slightly less than that for mine but only because I have used this shop for all my clear bra installs so far. It's a shop in Tampa. Where are you located?

Gary can I ask where you got your Corsas? From what I've seen these run about $700 a pair of axel backs. Also, when you say most of the sound now comes from these Corsas, do you mean the side exhaust is pretty much defeated?[/quote]
I got them from Autoanything.com They were running a special with $40 off and I paid $565 shipped. Looks like they are listing them at $622 right now with 10% off and no shipping on orders over $150. That would get you pretty close to what I paid.
[/quote][/quote]Hey Gary, can you elaborate on the question in RED above?
Thanks!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel