The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Your Oil selection?...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Fomoco302 said:
Get mine done at the dealers Quick Lane. MC 5/50. They hold classes at the dealer on Sync n give you a key chain tag for 50% off oil changes for life of the vehicle. Final cost $55 each change n I chat with the tech while he does the work, car never leaves my sight. Give him a tip n he cleans everything in that area while cars in the air.

Best oil change advice I've seen for street cars, for track I want to use better oil than the Motorcraft. Great deal though.
Steve

I'll stick to using the Motorcraft 5W-50 spec motor oil and will follow the guidelines in the owner's guide supplement while it's under warranty. Three more years to go....

Has anyone found a deal on or talked to their Ford dealer about buying this oil in bulk (drums)?? Might be worthwhile, especially for those that track their BOSSes regularly and do more than 3 or 4 oil changes per year.

Apple ford in Columbia, Md sold me MC 5w50 for something like $8.80/ Qt. I was going to go with K-mansparts, but I would've had to wait and pay S&H. They also gave me a deal since I am employed with the county Govt there. Lucky Me. To bad I didn't but my boss there though; free oil changes for life.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
On my 2nd oil change I switched to Total 10w-50 from the Motorcraft 5w-50. Unfortunately Total doesn't offer a 5w-50 in their racing synth oil, but the change on the start up weight is relatively minor. Based on past analysis with Blackstone the Total held up substantially better than the Mobil 1 I used in my other street/track cars.

I pay about $70 for two 5L jugs through a distributor here in the Bay Area. In contrast I paid $98 for 9 quarts of Motorcraft from the local Ford dealer. I still use the Motorcraft filters.

I have a total of about 40K miles between two other cars with the Total 10w50, all of the Blackstone reports came back stellar after ~4K mile oil change intervals. In most cases the report noted that I could have left the oil in longer.

TMO Supporting Vendors