The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Your Thoughts on my build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The H&R RSS Club sport are a very good entry point coil over. The rears springs are to stiff and can be swapped out with a lighter coil over type spring depending on sway bar choices. SMGDHG has them on his car now. He runs great times with a 08 4.6.
Thanks for the reply, these may fit the bill for finishing my ST3 car. One question; when you swapped the rear spring for a 300lb one, did you have a wing on the car?

Thanks for the reply, these may fit the bill for finishing my ST3 car. One question; when you swapped the rear spring for a 300lb one, did you have a wing on the car?
yes, both of us run wings.. between the valving and the springs, it's just to stiff. It all depends on sway bar choice as well. I run ford stuff. My spring rates are 750# F 250# R Coil over with a 13mm, 18mm. or even a 20mm sway bar. SMGDHG runs 630#f with a 350# R stock location with the Cortex bar on soft. For the rear the best thing to do is use MM ride height adjusters and your choice of coil over spring.

TMO Supporting Vendors