The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Your's look like this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So, I'm installing my MGW shifter last night. While under the car, I just happened to look back at the exhaust and lookie what I see..........
20130625_210101_resized_1_zps5d5f4f43.png
20130625_210213_resized_zps918a4e5e.png

Sorry for the huge pics. I resized them on Photobucket but for some reason they resize didn't apply when I posted the pics. No clue.
Anyway, I had the Boss @ the local dealer Mel Hambelton Ford a few months ago to fix some transmission issues. The car was there for 3 or 4 days waiting on parts. I finally pick the car up from the dealer, drove the few miles home and don't drive it again for a week or so. When I did drive it again, I noticed a terrible exhaust leak. Wasn't really noticeable when I picked it up from the dealer but on a cold start, wow, was it noticeable. I take it back and leave it for the day. The service writer calls and says they need to order a part, come pick the car up and they will call me when the part is in. Not sure why they needed to order parts but oh well. I pick the car up the same day and the exhaust leak is worse than it was when I dropped it off!!!??? If I had to guess, I'd say the tech hammered the hell out of the bolts hoping to seal off the leak and f'd something else up! After a few days, the part comes in and it gets installed and everything is fine. At least that's what I thought until last night......

normal huh... well that's f'n crazy. Sure looks beat to hell. Thanks for the replies.... Glad I didn't go off on a service writer or anything.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
They look like that because the same part is used on both sides. One needs to be flushed down for ckearance . The other us just the same part upside down. Its not an issue.

TMO Supporting Vendors