The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Zaino application complete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
How do you like the grill and how hard was it to install? I haven't had any cooling issues yet because my car is in Germany and the temps there don't get above 90 fahrenheit. Plus, the nurburgring is a very high speed course so cooling usually isn't an issue.

I think Im going to give a Zaino kit a try which one is the best to use? Marco I'm looking at you on this one since you got a 13 Boss and you have tried the stuff on it.

On another note I can say I have used the Wolfgang product line on my SBY Boss and it has come out great. My only issue which I have is I'm not getting a deep wet look on the yellow like I would like. Also using the wolfgang products like the deep gloss sealant and the Fuzion estate wax over the stripes give them a nice gloss which does not take away from there overall look.

killerwill13 said:
I think Im going to give a Zaino kit a try which one is the best to use? Marco I'm looking at you on this one since you got a 13 Boss and you have tried the stuff on it.

On another note I can say I have used the Wolfgang product line on my SBY Boss and it has come out great. My only issue which I have is I'm not getting a deep wet look on the yellow like I would like. Also using the wolfgang products like the deep gloss sealant and the Fuzion estate wax over the stripes give them a nice gloss which does not take away from there overall look.

I only had one day so I didn't go insane with a ton of layers. I did the following:

- Dawn wash + dry
- Claybar with Z-7 as lubricant
- Z-7 wash + dry
- 1 layer of Z-AIO
- wipe down with Z6
- 1 layer of Z2 + ZFX
- wipe down with Z6
- 1 layer of Z-CS
- 1 application of Z8 Grand Finale Spray

I didn't use Z5 because according to the instructions it's mostly for swirl/scratch removal and with my car being so new I don't have any of those yet.

I'm really pleased with the result. The car actually FEELS super smooth now and it doesn't seem to 'hold' dirt anymore. I already had a rainy day and a lot of loose crap from trees falling on it when parked at work but everything just fell off. It keeps looking great. I also like the fact that most of this stuff doesn't require super hard rubbing/buffing. The Z2 made me sweat a little but compared to buffing out carnauba wax this was way less tough.

Planning to maintain with occasional Z-7 wash and Z-8 spray. Looking forward to see how long the smooth finish will last before I have to do the whole thing again.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Yeah I'm very pleased with how the finish on my Merc is holding up after all the rain we have been getting, beads like a mofo! I even took some pix of the beading on my wife's car when I had run to Wal-Mart last week during yet, more rain... No it's not a new video game 'Angry Beads' it's Zaino! Once you take the time to build up the layers you want, a quick wash, Z6, then Z8 and looks great.

IMG_1027.jpg
IMG_1028.jpg
IMG_1029.jpg

I try and not get too worked up over washing and waxing my car but I saw Fat Boss's car yesterday and I was impressed with how nice the paint looked. Now if I can get TheMarco over to my place with his Zanio products I might give it a try. When are you getting that clear bra installed anyway? :D

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
5 DOT 0 said:
I try and not get too worked up over washing and waxing my car but I saw Fat Boss's car yesterday and I was impressed with how nice the paint looked. Now if I can get TheMarco over to my place with his Zanio products I might give it a try. When are you getting that clear bra installed anyway? :D
lol you could always pick some up for yourself. Its not that bad to put on :)

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Perhaps it's not so much the labor as the steep entry fee for all the products used? The starter kit and then the triplet pack will set you back around $160. I'd have to agree that Zaino isn't for every one, polishing your car really needs to be a labor of love, something that you enjoy doing. If you are looking for a faster and more economical solution, there certainly are other products out there to try. However if you did decide to take the plunge, and bought the full kit but decided for whatever reason you didn't like it and wanted to sell your unused supplies, I bet there are enough guys on this forum that would gladly buy whatever you had left if you just want to 'get rid of it'.

TMO Supporting Vendors