The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

F.S. Continental Rolex Series Rain Tires New / Slicks Rolex and CTSCC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Continental Rolex Series Rain Tires New / Slicks Rolex and CTSCC

Sold the 305's I had. I can get more in a few weeks if interested let me know.

John LS110 just picked up some tires, I am interested in his honest opinion on how these compare to the tires he has bought from one of the vendors that buys the take-offs in bulk for resale. They get everything that is left behind by the race teams, flat spots from spins etc. (I'm sure many are good). Picking these up as I do directly from the teams I hope to hear they are equal or better as I know the teams tend to only bring back the best of the tires from the track.

YellowBoss said:
Sold the 305's I had. I can get more in a few weeks if interested let me know.

John LS110 just picked up some tires, I am interested in his honest opinion on how these compare to the tires he has bought from one of the vendors that buys the take-offs in bulk for resale. They get everything that is left behind by the race teams, flat spots from spins etc. (I'm sure many are good). Picking these up as I do directly from the teams I hope to hear they are equal or better as I know the teams tend to only bring back the best of the tires from the track.

Scott - I received the tires yesterday and they look great. I copied your photo below which is the tires I received. Clearly less wear than the typical take-offs I have been buying which makes sense given they were only used 16 laps. As I already have two sets of other Conti's mounted, I will need to run through a set of those first before I test these on the track. Thus is will probably be mid May before that happens. Looking forward to using them and thank you for making these available. As always, you are great to work with!!

305s16tread_zps5489e1f5.png

Great, how did the other two compare to the tires you get from the vendors?

BTW, need to make a trip but I should have more sets of 275's soon.

I would say they look very comparable and hard to tell much difference. The real test will be on the track. I am attending an SCCA 3 day licensing (not that I plan to race) session mid May and it is my guess I will have them mounted and ready to go for that.

If you can find some 285/645, count me in. I will be needing to order probably 4 of these after BIR on the week of the 6th.

LS110 said:
I am attending an SCCA 3 day licensing (not that I plan to race) session
Memorialized so we can show this to you next year. ;)

LS110 said:
I would say they look very comparable and hard to tell much difference. The real test will be on the track. I am attending an SCCA 3 day licensing (not that I plan to race) session mid May and it is my guess I will have them mounted and ready to go for that.

If you can find some 285/645, count me in. I will be needing to order probably 4 of these after BIR on the week of the 6th.

They don't run a Rolex car at every race so there are not many of them after I grabbed them for my rears, sorry. If I am able to get them I will let you know but don't count on it.

TMO Supporting Vendors