The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I29 Speedway revival? Formerly know as Mid America Motorplex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I have been following some recent news regarding I29 speedway just south of Omaha NE this last month as it has been purchased, but not sure by who yet. The road course along with the drag strip has gone up for sale a couple times over the last decade or so and the road course side has really taken a beating and not maintained especially since the flood in 2019. I have been optimistic, but they announced they are bringing back fast Friday's and Sunday's and have opened up some other days too and looks like they have taken a step to repairing some infastructure. So we will see what is next, hopefully a repave as this surface has been down for over 20 years and a couple floods. @Bill Pemberton, do you have any more details or who would have acquired the track?

https://www.facebook.com/I29Speedway

1708036764323.png

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I know the name of the folks , but no real info other than they supposedly were into Drag Racing. I was asked not to mention the name of the individuals until a bit more info was available, but seeing them fixing up the building on the road course side , I would think that bodes well for the track. I hopefully will have better information soon, but there are some dates booked and I am awaiting a call from another gentleman to see if he can verify said booking dates. Crazy there is so much secrecy as you would think they would want the word out, but as you mentioned the track is sold.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
It seems everyone is aware now that a gentleman named Doug Vargas purchased the track with his daughter, though no one is aware if there are other owners, but the work at the track is a positive sign. There have been some events already booked with the current Mgr . ( same gentleman in that capacity as with the previous owner ). With track and paddock improvements being discussed, folks in the Omaha Metro are hopefully optimistic.

A short drive going West there have been continued major improvements at Motorsports Park Hastings , not only with the phenomenal repaving done less than 2 years ago, but work on the paddock and future plans for more Condos and Garages , so Trackrats are going to have a couple of choices in Nebraska or across the river for even more track fun in future years.
race mph.com - not sure how much news is posted at MPH , but I imagine there will be plenty of exciting news coming from them in 2024.

TMO Supporting Vendors